Emery - You Were Never Alone

It's silly to think that a band like Emery would press 200 vinyl that's exclusive to the campaign and then wouldn't have an actual pre-order later. I'm pretty sure that at the time it went up, the phrasing on the page and the emails made it out to sound like there would be a full PO later, but that the $100 packages were for people who wanted a special vinyl. I never said people wanted a regular black vinyl, I said people wanted a cheaper vinyl, and they gave it to them in the form of a black vinyl, and I'm pretty sure that was made pretty clear when it went up. It's none of your concern who pays $100 or $200 to the campaign. I paid for a test press because I got the limited record, test press, posted, CD, shirt, and hand-written lyrics to my favorite song from a band I've been listening to for ten years, and that's who those expensive packages were marketed toward. They said when they first started talking about a new record that it would be on vinyl, CD and digital, before the campaign ever went up, so it was pretty safe to assume that it would be released on vinyl for the rest of the people who just wanted a basic vinyl later on. But people didn't want to wait, and now they're all pissy because Emery gave them what they wanted, and then proceeded to do what every band who releases a record these days does, put it on vinyl with variants. $30 for a record is not all that uncommon in crowd funding. I'm not saying it's good, but it's not uncommon. Many bands who have never done vinyl on their own do crowd funding campaigns with vinyl costing $50. I've seen at least two or three instances of that. And then there was no cheaper option. Like ifworkpermits said, the point of a crowd funding campaign is for a band to ask the people who are devoted to that band to help, and if you contribute to that campaign, expect to pay more for what you get. That's just the way it works, in most cases. Emery didn't run the best and most clear campaign but it's nowhere near the worst I've seen. And as far as my 'novel' misunderstanding everything, again, I have to agree with ifworkpermits and say that you're mistaking a campaign designed for the hardcore fans of the band to help them make music with a pre-order system in which everything is laid out nice and neat and cheap. Someone who's going to say "fuck this band, I want nothing to do with them," because of the wording in a campaign that was written a year or more ago doesn't sound like someone who should be contributing to crowd funding. But whatever. It's your money, I'm just saying stop acting like they should have made a special variant just for you because you have them $30 after everyone asked them to put something in the campaign that wasn't even originally going to be there. If you wanted the exclusive variant bad enough, you could've paid for it, or you could've waited.

Again, this is coming from someone who had no problem paying a lot of money to help a band I've loved for a decade make music, and not everyone will or should do that. I'm just annoyed by whining and entitlement. Sorry for the 'novel'.

Also, in case you didn't mnow, I'm pretty sure the vinyl is delayed. You could probably, I dunno, talk to the band or management and cancel the pledge and get whatever variant you might want, and end up paying more for it because on IGG, shipping is included, and on their site, it's not. You could go with Amazon, but I'm pretty sure that ones black.

you must not be a very big vinyl fan by saying "its silly they would only press 200." Because you should know most of their albums have never been pressed on vinyl, and the ones that did are in very very low numbers. So i wonder why people would assume that this might be the only chance to get the vinyl? Again you keep missing the point by saying I could have waited. I am sorry but do you know how to read? Or just write long responses. i have explained this 3 times. There are a ton of bands that only press vinyl exclusive to IGG, so again I wonder why I thought this might be the only press? please write me a long novel that i wont read again misunderstanding everything I wrote.

you must not be a very big vinyl fan by saying "its silly they would only press 200." Because you should know most of their albums have never been pressed on vinyl, and the ones that did are in very very low numbers. So i wonder why people would assume that this might be the only chance to get the vinyl? Again you keep missing the point by saying I could have waited. I am sorry but do you know how to read? Or just write long responses. i have explained this 3 times. There are a ton of bands that only press vinyl exclusive to IGG, so again I wonder why I thought this might be the only press? please write me a long novel that i wont read again misunderstanding everything I wrote.

The Weaks's End was only pressed because Broken Circles got the right to it. The band have said multiple times that they want to press their other albums but they can't because Capitol Christian owns the rights to all of them, and have no interest in pressing them. I'm not missing the point. In fact, I directly responded to your point in saying that the band directly said that there would be vinyl readily available of the new record before the campaign went up, and I found it fairly clear that the $100 packages were only for people who wanted to support them, which is why there was originally no cheap vinyl option. But whatever. Believe that you want. I'm not going to defend my 'vinyl fan'-ness to you.

TD;TR, I think it's fairly obvious that there was going to be vinyl available later, and even if not, people still got it for $30ppd from a crowd funding campaign, which is pretty standard, so stop whining. Or just buy a colored variant and sell your IndieGoGo one if color means that much to you. Yes, I realize 'it's the principle of it' but the campaign was put up long before a pre-order was talked about, I'm sure, and as someone mentioned, the color was an afterthought.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the 'regular joe' vinyl come in and they're colored.

The Weaks's End was only pressed because Broken Circles got the right to it. The band have said multiple times that they want to press their other albums but they can't because Capitol Christian owns the rights to all of them, and have no interest in pressing them. I'm not missing the point. In fact, I directly responded to your point in saying that the band directly said that there would be vinyl readily available of the new record before the campaign went up, and I found it fairly clear that the $100 packages were only for people who wanted to support them, which is why there was originally no cheap vinyl option. But whatever. Believe that you want. I'm not going to defend my 'vinyl fan'-ness to you.

TD;TR, I think it's fairly obvious that there was going to be vinyl available later, and even if not, people still got it for $30ppd from a crowd funding campaign, which is pretty standard, so stop whining. Or just buy a colored variant and sell your IndieGoGo one if color means that much to you. Yes, I realize 'it's the principle of it' but the campaign was put up long before a pre-order was talked about, I'm sure, and as someone mentioned, the color was an afterthought.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the 'regular joe' vinyl come in and they're colored.

I am sorry Kevin but you are an absolute moron. You don't understand anything I have said in any messages. I don't give a shit if its colored or not. I just wanted sometbing exclusive to the campaign because like you said I backed them to make the music. I would like something unique.

Had your reply not started with an insult, I migjt apologize for assuming that all of this was because you weren't getting a colored record, because that's how you made it come off, but alas, I'll leave you to your over-reactionary whining, whether it be about color or the fact that "regular joe" vinyl doesn't mean "exclusive" vinyl. If you wanted exclusive, you should have bought the things that said "exclusive to the IndieGoGo." Either way, I'm bowing out now.

Had your reply not started with an insult, I migjt apologize for assuming that all of this was because you weren't getting a colored record, because that's how you made it come off, but alas, I'll leave you to your over-reactionary whining, whether it be about color or the fact that "regular joe" vinyl doesn't mean "exclusive" vinyl. If you wanted exclusive, you should have bought the things that said "exclusive to the IndieGoGo." Either way, I'm bowing out now.

I explained myself multiple times as you kept saying I was "whining and overreacting" while you kept misunderstanding everything. I am tired of you just repeating the same thing over and over. You should actual read what people write instead of just writing long messages for the sake of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, says my order has shipped, vinyl and all. We'll see what happens when it gets here...

According to the recent email, the vinyl won't ship till august. It's just whatever else came with the bundle. which is cool, I guess. I got a tracking code too. I can't even remember what else was in the bundle... a t shirt or something

Any body having trouble getting responses back from Matt on Indiegogo?

I recently moved and have sent him 5 emails trying to confirm that my address has been updated and he still has yet to confirm.

Starting to get a bit worried I am never gonna see any of my rewards.... :(

Shoot an email to their BadChristian email address. I imagine they check it more.

Yeah, I have emailed both so far. Still no response that the address has been updated :(

Have people been receiving their signed CDs and other merch besides the vinyl already?

I remember them responding to ppl in facebook comments about that and giving them an email... if you want to go scrolling for that.

got the poster, shirt and signed cd today. all three have really boring designs/artwork. vinyl ships later when it finally gets pressed. 

I remember them responding to ppl in facebook comments about that and giving them an email... if you want to go scrolling for that.

got the poster, shirt and signed cd today. all three have really boring designs/artwork. vinyl ships later when it finally gets pressed.

I like the shirt, but I agree with it all being boring.

After talking with Matt and Toby at two of the living room shows, I really thought there was going to be a lot more creativity and fun stuff coming from Emery. I enjoyed seeing them last month and I'm sure I'll see them again and again until they stop, but I don't get as excited as I once did.

I feel like there whole heart isn't in the music anymore. Which is perfectly fine, they have families and real jobs apart from touring, so good for them. Haven't really sat down and listened to the new stuff but from what I heard I wasn't that impressed. Hopefully that changes.

I can see that. They have so much more going on now with the label, podcasts and this whole campaign all in addition to their families.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the band's they've been taking on their tours? I feel like it's been pretty bad the past couple years.

I like the shirt, but I agree with it all being boring.

After talking with Matt and Toby at two of the living room shows, I really thought there was going to be a lot more creativity and fun stuff coming from Emery. I enjoyed seeing them last month and I'm sure I'll see them again and again until they stop, but I don't get as excited as I once did.

I actually do think the shirt is ok. I really don't like the album art and the poster was the pinnacle of lame design, haha.

These records are arriving Mid-July, so they'll be shipping out shortly after that. 

None of the orders that have shipped include the vinyl. It's still in production. There were some issues with getting the artwork squared away because the "standard joe" is a single pocket jacket and the "deluxe" package is a gatefold. That pushed everything back while we figured the gatefold and the variants. 

I have the test presses and I promise you won't be disappointed. They sound amazing. We had to switch up the track order thought to make it all fit correctly without having an issues.