Emery - You Were Never Alone

Cheapest is $100? What the fuck?! No thanks.

Pretty sure there will be more when actual preorders go up. This is a crowdfunding campaign after all. It's not much different than when bands offers bundles for exclusive variants. In this case, the variant is an alternate artwork limited to like /200.

You get the signed LP with alternate artwork, a signed CD, a bunch of DLs, t-shirt, thank you note thing, I think a signed album art print? Maybe other stuff. And shipping is included.

Copeland wants $95 for a variant, a 10", and a CD. Meh. I think there was a print in there too. And you have to pay shipping.

Not trying to say you should get it, it's just not as bad as it sounds. :D

Pretty sure there will be more when actual preorders go up. This is a crowdfunding campaign after all. It's not much different than when bands offers bundles for exclusive variants. In this case, the variant is an alternate artwork limited to like /200.

You get the signed LP with alternate artwork, a signed CD, a bunch of DLs, t-shirt, thank you note thing, I think a signed album art print? Maybe other stuff. And shipping is included.

Copeland wants $95 for a variant, a 10", and a CD. Meh. I think there was a print in there too. And you have to pay shipping.

Not trying to say you should get it, it's just not as bad as it sounds. :D

I really wish I could justify dropping the 100, but I just can't. I fucking love this band, but I don't see them selling the other 174 or 224 all at the $100 price point. Like you said before, I'm sure there will be some sort of normal PO eventually. But had they just given me a digital/vinyl option for the 30-45ppd range i would have been in in a heart beat. If they really wanted to make cash they could just do a vinyl only option for 25-30 shipped in a pressing of 500 and they'd sell out in a heart beat and fund almost a quarter of their asking funded amount. I understand the concept of a crowdfund is to act as a donation system with "perks" attached to each tier... But to me it seems like more often than not most bands are bleeding their loyal fans to death. Obviously, these kinda things irk me. This one especially does...

I really wish I could justify dropping the 100, but I just can't. I fucking love this band, but I don't see them selling the other 174 or 224 all at the $100 price point. Like you said before, I'm sure there will be some sort of normal PO eventually. But had they just given me a digital/vinyl option for the 30-45ppd range i would have been in in a heart beat. If they really wanted to make cash they could just do a vinyl only option for 25-30 shipped in a pressing of 500 and they'd sell out in a heart beat and fund almost a quarter of their asking funded amount. I understand the concept of a crowdfund is to act as a donation system with "perks" attached to each tier... But to me it seems like more often than not most bands are bleeding their loyal fans to death. Obviously, these kinda things irk me. This one especially does...

Yeah, I totally get your concerns and why these things would irk you, and many other people. A lot of them irk me too. Let's not forget that joke of a Kickstarter Eisley did. But I've had a lot of really good, honest experiences with things like this. Basically, my thoughts were that if they out up a PO tomorrow with the $100 IGG tier, and a /2000 vinyl option, I'd probably still go $100. The /2000 comes from their "outline" where they say they're paying for a run of 2000 with this. But it might've said 200 and I can't be bothered to look. If this were just another band I listen to on occasion, yeah, I'd say no thank you.

Again, not trying to say anyone should do it or start a crowdfunding debate, just saying how I feel about it.

Not here to cause conflict or piss on anyone's parade, but I just wanted to say that anyone who drops $100+ on this Kickstarter in good faith - considering the band's last album - has got some serious balls.

Devin being back makes me have hopes they can return to in shallow seas form, but I'm sure as heck not dropping 100/200 for this.

I grabbed the $200 test press/alt artwork bundle last night. YOLO

Ballsy!!!

I'm very tempted to go for the $100 bundle, but then I would have to answer to this dude...

Also, if you wanted the test press package but didn't get to jump on it before they sold out, make sure you're following them on Twitter / Facebook as there is a **possibility** there will be another round of tests being added to the mix around the same time as the "vinyl only" option. Just a heads up in case you're interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not here to cause conflict or piss on anyone's parade, but I just wanted to say that anyone who drops $100+ on this Kickstarter in good faith - considering the band's last album - has got some serious balls.

I don't think this band has made a bad album.  I don't want to spend the amount of money they're asking for, but I don't know what was wrong with their last album.  I thought it kicked ass just like every other one they've made.

I don't think this band has made a bad album. I don't want to spend the amount of money they're asking for, but I don't know what was wrong with their last album. I thought it kicked ass just like every other one they've made.

Yeah, I think there comes a time when most bands like these guys lose their fans are "current" fans and they become like a lot of the people on here who like everything prior to Shallow Seas. I personally have listened to and loved every album, but the last one did have some really weak songs on it.

Okay I don't want to be "that guy" but I bought the original $200 test package because it was very limited to like 5 or whatever because Emery is one of my all time favorites. Now they are offering 20 more? How does that even work? You just make more tests? I know there are going to be different versions but you only need one round of approved tests. It's sort of frustrating that they did this. Anyone want to chime in on this?