Disney/Marvel Soundtrack picture discs LPs - Hot Topic exclusives (updated 1/18/16)

Travis do you have any idea what the next disney picture disc after hunchback will be?

I do, a little too early to talk about it though.

Travis...TRAVISSSSSSSS... a buddy of mine would melt if a Deadpool picture disc happened. Is that gonna happen?

No picture disc but I've heard they are making vinyl for the soundtrack though.

Travis, I'm really stoked for Hunchback!!! One of my favorites.

Any plans on Tarzan, Mulan, and/or Hercules.  Or just any others you're working on?

Those are all possibilities

I highly doubt it considering Deadpool is a Fox movie.

Shows how aware I am. haha. Here I am assuming that because it's Marvel, it'll be tied into all of the other movies of the Disney/ Marvel Universe. 

No picture disc but I've heard they are making vinyl for the soundtrack though.

Thanks for the info sir!

Shows how aware I am. haha. Here I am assuming that because it's Marvel, it'll be tied into all of the other movies of the Disney/ Marvel Universe. 

Thanks for the info sir!

Deadpool will be in the X-Men Universe. The two characters that are with Deadpool in the trailers are X-Men.

Also, I'd kill for a Hercules picture disc.

Deadpool will be in the X-Men Universe. The two characters that are with Deadpool in the trailers are X-Men.

Also, I'd kill for a Hercules picture disc.

I know about Colossus in there, but I just hoped (I guess) that I'd see Deadpool talking shit to Spiderman and the Avengers at some point in the future. Still hoping. Pretty ecstatic for the movie. 

Hoping Deadpool vinyl is both the soundtrack and score, as Junkie XL is scoring it

Me too. I'd like to have some of the inevitably awesome tracks on the soundtrack (like Shoop and X Gone Give It To Ya from the trailers), but it's likely just the score. I'm basing that solely on the fact that the only thing on Amazon is the score. #DoInDepthResearch #GetResults

The Disney Parks Store app, has most of these still in stock. I haven't ordered from them, but I'm assuming they ship and its not just a Disney Property room ordering service.

Thanks for that man, was freaking out I wouldn't ever get Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty & The Beast.  Also cheaper than HT price.  

Now what's the general consensus on the sounds of these bad boys?  I'm really wary when it comes to picture discs but this is the only way to get Disney music on vinyl it seems.  Would have loved a sleeve though.

"Picture Disc Vinyl is a vinyl record with a full-size label on each side; the label is covered by a plastic sheet bearing the grooves of the recording. Making their debut in the early 1930s, when various materials were used experimentally as gimmicks or for advertising, it wasn't until the 1970's that the first serious Picture Discs were developed with acceptable sound quality. The Picture Disc is a great tool for promotional uses, limited edition pressings, or as the primary release for any recording!

It should be noted that Picture Discs may offer a lower acoustic quality, especially an increase in the acoustic noise in the initial and final grooves of the record and in the transitions between tracks. When using standard printing, a moiré effect may occur on the record as a result of interference effects (between the grooves of the record and the screening of the underlying label); the intensity of this phenomenon depends on the type of the pattern which is printed on the label."

So essentially, they will never sound as good, since the grooves of the record are only embedded in a thin sheet of plastic, instead of actually being pressed into vinyl.