Disney/Marvel Soundtrack picture discs LPs - Hot Topic exclusives (updated 1/18/16)

Disney soundtracks are among the best when compared to any genre of film.

Whatever, but that is a 100% subjective view, same as when talking about any genre of music. I can instantly think of ten or twenty soundtracks at least that I would prefer to listen to than a Disney soundtrack. Again, it's subjective obviously.

Unless some are just deeming them illegitimate because they're from cartoons which..cool I guess

I'm not deeming them illegitimate, and I'm not knocking them because they're cartoons. Disney films ruled and I used to love watching them when I was younger. Just seems strange to me that there's so much love for them not Hot Topic (lol) have suddenly reissued then. I mean, isn't the Lion King soundtrack mostly Elton John/Tim Rice? That's fine, I wouldn't choose to listen to that stuff but since when has Elton John, for instance, been so relevant in the vinyl collector world? It just feels as if there's this whole "nostalgia" thing coming into play again. Which is fine of course, I like to look back on stuff I used to love too. I just don't think I'd put out $30 for a soundtrack to something I used to watch when I was about 6.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, this is a discussion forum and stuff, so yeah.

EDIT:

i think it's more the hot topic + picture disc thing. 

Yeah, that too.

I mean, isn't the Lion King soundtrack mostly Elton John/Tim Rice? That's fine, I wouldn't choose to listen to that stuff but since when has Elton John, for instance, been so relevant in the vinyl collector world? 

uh... Elton John was pressed onto vinyl way before this supposed "vinyl collector world". Not trying to be a dick, but this just sounded silly.

Also, Hot Topic is going through a huge Disney boom right now. Walk into any Hot Topic store and the entire front part of the store is easily half disney... it's selling very well. This is just the next step. Also, Disney has had a picture disc line before these Hot Topic exclusives... Cinderella, Pinocchio, Snow White and some others have all received picture disc versions that were not Hot Topic exclusives and are readily available. 

Lastly, what is so wrong about this? The only valid arguments I have read so far have been price, which is justified. Hating on Disney for pressing these and Hot Topic for providing a retail outlet for them though? Why does this site now get mad when a record is being pressed... isn't the whole idea for this site to have a shared community of people who love collecting records? 

Eh, I guess I phrased that wrong. What I meant is that on this board, which seems to be primarily punk, hardcore, pop-punk and that kind of stuff, I never realised Elton John would be that big a draw. Is the artist the real reason everyone wants to buy these records? Or is it that it's the soundtrack to a favourite film of their youth?

Again, I'm not hating, just curious. It's confusing to me. Great to have vinyl readily available and so on, I'm just confused as to how popular kids stuff is to some people here.

A lot of people on here also have kids. 
Things like this make it easier and more fun to share their love of collecting with their children. 

There are a lot of factors but at the end of the day, Disney means something to nearly every one. At 21 years old with no children, I would absolutely put on the Little Mermaid Soundtrack and sing along. 

Why? Because I enjoy it. 

Also worth noting that just because people enjoy one genre of music in particular, it doesn't limit their musical tastes. You can enjoy hardcore and punk music but still also love some good 'ol Disney songs.  

A lot of people on here also have kids. 

Things like this make it easier and more fun to share their love of collecting with their children. 

There are a lot of factors but at the end of the day, Disney means something to nearly every one. At 21 years old with no children, I would absolutely put on the Little Mermaid Soundtrack and sing along. 

Why? Because I enjoy it. 

Also worth noting that just because people enjoy one genre of music in particular, it doesn't limit their musical tastes. You can enjoy hardcore and punk music but still also love some good 'ol Disney songs.  

Exactly. I would love to own most Disney movie soundtracks on vinyl if I could, and would probably listen to them more regularly than some other records. I also visit Disneyland over 150 times a year so I'm in a fringe group for sure, but I enjoy it... doesn't mean I don't love me some good (shitty) pop punk or anything like that.