Bay Area VC.

I was just in San Francisco from Monday - Thursday. It was a blast. My favorite spots to hang were in the Mission.

Go hit up this awesome Mexican restaurant (I forget the name) on 19th and Mission then go drink a tall can in Dolores Park. Boom, perfect day.

Also in the Mission: Valencia has some cool little shops on it, they recently opened a new Chrome store there which if you're not familiar with I recommend you check out. Lower Haight was nice and has some cool spots as well.

Welcome to the bay (I say this as I have never lived in SF Proper but always enjoy visiting it :) )

I'm always down to hang with people, I can show you all the fun that Oakland has to offer too. 

There are always a ton of shows on this side Oakland Metro, 1234 Go Records, and The Uptown are my favorite show places

Beer Revolution (One of the best beer bars in the country), Trappist, Make Westing, and Merchant Saloon is where I normally wet my wistle

I was just in San Francisco from Monday - Thursday. It was a blast. My favorite spots to hang were in the Mission.

Go hit up this awesome Mexican restaurant (I forget the name) on 19th and Mission then go drink a tall can in Dolores Park. Boom, perfect day.

Also in the Mission: Valencia has some cool little shops on it, they recently opened a new Chrome store there which if you're not familiar with I recommend you check out. Lower Haight was nice and has some cool spots as well.

Seriously. The mission has the best Mexican food in the city. I am pretty positive about that.  And Dolores Park is probably one of my favorite spots in the city. I will definitely have to check out those other spots you mentioned.

Welcome to the bay (I say this as I have never lived in SF Proper but always enjoy visiting it :) )

I'm always down to hang with people, I can show you all the fun that Oakland has to offer too. 

There are always a ton of shows on this side Oakland Metro, 1234 Go Records, and The Uptown are my favorite show places

Beer Revolution (One of the best beer bars in the country), Trappist, Make Westing, and Merchant Saloon is where I normally wet my wistle

I hear all the real hipsters live in Oakland. ;) haha

Good to hear some sweet bars. I will have to check em out for sure. I am a huge beer fan, so thank you!

Gilman is in the East Bay, not San Francisco. It's fucking annoying when some band comes to town and plays Oakland and says, "What's up San Francisco!" Fuck you.

If there are hipsters over here it's because they are leaking in from the City. People in the East Bay are for real. Just good people enjoying the better weather, plenty of parking, and all the good music. Yes, I am biased.

Gilman is in the East Bay, not San Francisco. It's fucking annoying when some band comes to town and plays Oakland and says, "What's up San Francisco!" Fuck you.

If there are hipsters over here it's because they are leaking in from the City. People in the East Bay are for real. Just good people enjoying the better weather, plenty of parking, and all the good music. Yes, I am biased.

Agreed.

It's kinda weird having lived in the East bay since 2 years before the iphone's initial release and see how Oakland itself has changed (let's not even get into how much SF has changed in that amount of time). Fuck you couldn't / wouldn't bother going on a bar crawl in downtown like 4 years ago. The area around the Fox theater looked like a desolate wasteland. Now it's so much more fun and awesome. I definitely see the animosity about kids from SF on both sides. SF kids are stupid scared of Oakland and always talk about how dangerous it is as if there isn't a place called the Tenderloin in SF, and people from Oakland really not like SF kids coming into town here because there's a general feeling that all the douchebaggery attitudes they have in/caused them to leave SF will follow them all here and force us to move out of Oakland and seek newer/cooler grounds. Either way If you want to move from SF to Oakland I'm fine with it as long as I don't hear you bitching about how much it sucks over here in comparison to your SF neighborhood. 

My original reason for not ever living in SF (and I really could/still can now) was the amount you pay for rent/space you get ratio was fucked up. It still is IMO. 

Agreed.

It's kinda weird having lived in the East bay since 2 years before the iphone's initial release and see how Oakland itself has changed (let's not even get into how much SF has changed in that amount of time). Fuck you couldn't / wouldn't bother going on a bar crawl in downtown like 4 years ago. The area around the Fox theater looked like a desolate wasteland. Now it's so much more fun and awesome. I definitely see the animosity about kids from SF on both sides. SF kids are stupid scared of Oakland and always talk about how dangerous it is as if there isn't a place called the Tenderloin in SF, and people from Oakland really not like SF kids coming into town here because there's a general feeling that all the douchebaggery attitudes they have in/caused them to leave SF will follow them all here and force us to move out of Oakland and seek newer/cooler grounds. Either way If you want to move from SF to Oakland I'm fine with it as long as I don't hear you bitching about how much it sucks over here in comparison to your SF neighborhood.

My original reason for not ever living in SF (and I really could/still can now) was the amount you pay for rent/space you get ratio was fucked up. It still is IMO.

I honestly would prefer to live in Oakland. Jussayin. The only reason I'm not is because I have to be able to be on a plane within 2 hours of a call. That just wouldn't be possible from the east bay. I honestly think the fox theatre may be one of my favorite venues. A n y w a y. My opinion hardly matters. I'm a noob to the entire Bay Area.

man 2 hour notice for a plane trip.. that's hard core! It would totally suck if you had to leave a show for it.

Either way since there appear to be a bunch of us we should maybe grab a meal and/or drinks at some point?

It totally would. That's why I don't buy tickets for nights I'm on call.

Ya maybe! I wonder how many more of us there are