Bay Area VC.

• 10 months later...

I went to the "new" Swedish American Hall last night - not sure what they remodeled as it felt pretty much as I remember, other than a new bar and improved sound.

Either way, awesome small venue for an acoustic show. Definitely want to catch Bob Mould there next month.

Nice! I have yet to go to that venue, which is crazy... considering I have been to a lot of the venues in SF. Thinking of grabbing a ticket to Mimicking Birds if I get the evening off.

Was at the High on Fire show over the weekend, 

Next one will be the Skatalites/Phenomenauts at DNA Lounge next Thursday.

If anyone's around we can grab a beer and pizza next door before the show.

Man... I know none of these bands. I hope you enjoy though! The DNA Lounge is cute. Bring cash for drinks if you didn't already know.

Nice! I have yet to go to that venue, which is crazy... considering I have been to a lot of the venues in SF. Thinking of grabbing a ticket to Mimicking Birds if I get the evening off.

You should definitely check it out - tiny venue with great sound and they make really great cocktails at the bar (run by the Bon Vivants)

Tess! Have you ever gone to Outside Lands? I went a few years back and it was unbelievable. I'm trying to convince a few friends to hop in the car for a road trip. We'd just need to scalp some tickets at the gate for this weekend. San Francisco is one of my favorite places. You're so lucky to live there!

I haven't. I usually have to work on weekends. (Especially when there is something popular going on that all my co workers want to go to.) Plus I'm not a huge music festival person. But I hope you have the best time! It's weird because it is so close to my house! And ya. I know. I am pretty damn lucky to live here. Doubt it will be forever but trying to enjoy it while I can

I'm sad I'm missing OSL this year, heading to Chicago next week for a wedding and thought I'd save for that instead. I'm also not a big festival person but the last couple of years I ponied up for VIP and it makes all the difference in the world.

Speaking of festivals - Treasure Island has a solid lineup this year and is much more manageable than OSL.

I'm sad I'm missing OSL this year, heading to Chicago next week for a wedding and thought I'd save for that instead. I'm also not a big festival person but the last couple of years I ponied up for VIP and it makes all the difference in the world.

Speaking of festivals - Treasure Island has a solid lineup this year and is much more manageable than OSL.

I've been to Treasure Island once...the last time The National headlined (I'm thinking 2010?). Really easy going Fest. Outside Lands is still my favorite though. Unbelievable people...the location...WOW! It is just amazing. The craft beer is phenomenal.   

Wish I lived in San Francisco  :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have a ticket to the American Nightmare show at Gilman this Saturday (Aug 29). I cannot make it (no one to watch the kid). Sold out. I paid $22 for the ticket, will sell for $20. I can simply change the will call name to your name online (I already checked this out). Let me know if you are interested! 

Thanks.

Just had a fun night at Urban Put in San Francisco. It's mini golf with a bar so what's not to love?

Only downside is it gets stupid crowded.

There's also a new interactive art exhibit that is pretty neat to look at while you're in line.

Thanks for all the great sf tips. I live in the east bay but visit often.