CATS RULE, DOGS DROOL!

The two of my monsters together.  The one on the right is Octavious Von Octo Cat III esq. (because he's a lawyer), or Octo for short.  He's named Octo because he's a polydactyl and has eight extra toes on his feets.  The one on the left is Ouiji, she's a brat but she's pretty adorable sometimes.

IMG_1693_zps622faffd.jpg

IMG_1414_zps9efe3bc5.jpg

IMG_2438_zps46da8429.jpg

This is Archimedes the Maine Coon. He's a sweetheart--always wants to hang out and cuddle.

DadXCkE.jpg

jCxaL7P.jpg

Also, Colin Frangicetto (Circa Survive) made a commissioned piece for my wife's birthday a few years back. I just told him cat portrait, and this is what he came back with. Pretty spot on haha.

ZakZdU4.jpg

I love Maine Coon's. I had one that lived to 22 - Tommy-Cat. He was so often. We got him for $5 at a pet store when my little brother cried and cried about this kitten that looked sick. The person at the counter said he would die but my folks gave the measly $5 (asshole had to get something, right?) and took him to the Vet. He got healthy very quickly. He was later run over by a car and came home with almost half his leg missing. We took him to University of Penn animal hospital and he not only salvaged the leg (a bit mangled but functional) but Tommy became a case study in a text book. He had his girlfriend, Twin Cat. The two were inseparable then one day Twin died totally unexpectedly. Tommy sat at the window howling for three days waiting for her. It was so damn sad. 

Then he started getting older and older and the cat that had this hard life became sweeter and sweeter. I mean, for all the illness and injury it was amazing to see him make it to 22. 

He was a Hall of Fame worthy kitty. 

I love Maine Coon's. I had one that lived to 22 - Tommy-Cat. He was so often. We got him for $5 at a pet store when my little brother cried and cried about this kitten that looked sick. The person at the counter said he would die but my folks gave the measly $5 (asshole had to get something, right?) and took him to the Vet. He got healthy very quickly. He was later run over by a car and came home with almost half his leg missing. We took him to University of Penn animal hospital and he not only salvaged the leg (a bit mangled but functional) but Tommy became a case study in a text book. He had his girlfriend, Twin Cat. The two were inseparable then one day Twin died totally unexpectedly. Tommy sat at the window howling for three days waiting for her. It was so damn sad. 

Then he started getting older and older and the cat that had this hard life became sweeter and sweeter. I mean, for all the illness and injury it was amazing to see him make it to 22. 

He was a Hall of Fame worthy kitty. 

when i was 13, my sister and i each got a kitten, who were littermates. just this past year, the male (Winston) developed congestive heart failure and died rather suddenly. my female cat (Buffy) wouldn't go near the spot he died for the longest time. she went over and sniffed it a day or two after he passed, hissed at it for no reason, and ran away. she also would sniff and hiss at spots where he would sleep. 

she got kind of lethargic and lost a little weight and i started to worry about her (she was 15, afterall), but then we adopted another 7 year old cat (a submissive male, since she is queen of the house), and even though she still won't cuddle with him, and hisses at him if he tries to play with her, she's really bounced back and is acting like a young cat again. 

Awww I would love to have a Maine Coon one day. They really are a great breed. Does yours like water? I heard that they are very water friendly cats.

I can't even imagine how one of my cats would react to another one passing away. They are all really close. Our oldest is about to be 6 so we still have a lot of time left. We did decide that once they get older we would like to adopt a new little kitty to help keep them young and active. 

How does this beast fit......

DSC_0174%255B1%255D.JPG

in the space just above my 7 inches?

IMG_20140411_115800%255B1%255D.JPG

She only does it when I'm sleeping, so I can never catch her in the act. It's only a 2-3  1-2 inch gap, and she is huge. She gets stuck and I turn on the light, and there she is behind them. I know cats can fit themselves into some small places, but it just doesn't add up.

Here are my three cats. Top to bottom: Sweet Pea, the youngest and smallest, Jack, the oldest and biggest, and Benny, the middle cat. 

36cc37d6-9c6f-417e-9c3b-f90874451531.jpg

Sweet Pea came from my moms old work. They were mean to her (not changing her litter,  running her over with carts and closing off her litter box). When my mom left there, one of her coworkers asked her to take her home. She spent the first week in our house under my bed and would only come out if I was right there. Now she's outgoing and always runs to the door when the doorbells rings. Sometimes we call her little braveheart.

IMG_1253.jpg

Benny is my little man. He's watching over my shoulder as I type this. He is the most talkative but also the sweetest. He likes to be held and sung to. We got him and Jack from a friend who couldn't take them when he moved. At first the two boys were outside cats, until Benny got caught in a trap my neighbor set. IMG_0745.jpg

Jack is the oldest and biggest. He doesn't get along with Sweet Pea because she chases him around the house. For the most part he can be sweet, but he has a tendency to go a little crazy. He prefers if he's the only cat awake, so he can have all the attention. Also he enjoys watching Transformers, Westerns and Basketball Games

IMG_0239.jpg

Benny is my little man. He's watching over my shoulder as I type this. He is the most talkative but also the sweetest. He likes to be held and sung to. We got him and Jack from a friend who couldn't take them when he moved. At first the two boys were outside cats, until Benny got caught in a trap my neighbor set. 

Did your neighbour set them for your cats? If yes, he's the biggest asshole known to earth.

Burn their house down without telling them you have a problem with it, but make sure it's something really trivial like how their patio furniture is arranged. See how they like it!

They moved. So now no worries.

On another note our town has leash laws for animals. Even cats. So most people who have them keep them inside.