VC Dog Owners.

This is Malcolm Reynolds. I got him as a 12 week old puppy from a shelter here in town. My soon to be sister-in-law adopted his little brother. He tried to die on us a day after we got him... Wouldn't eat or drink water (vet said it was a nerves / shock thing) and because he was so small his blood sugar got reallllly low. Eventually I was able to get him to eat corn syrup and get his blood sugar back up. It was really scary as he was throwing up every 90 minutes. Luckily he recovered just fine! 

Also, I know I'm bias (as we all are when it comes to our dogs) but I think I lucked out because not all chihuahua's are cute, IMO. He weighs about 4.5lbs and he's not bulgy-eyed, sickly skinny, shaky or yappy. Just a handsome little devil that likes to tip over trash cans, eat cat poop and play fetch with his 6"frisbee. 

This is the day we brought him home. 

IMG_1377_zps6b929ea6.jpg

One-ear flop.

IMG_1450_zps3295820e.jpg

Sitting with his uncle (my mother-in-law's dog).

IMG_1717_zps1e4bf72d.jpg

Fighting with his brother. 

IMG_1729_zps6eb30940.jpg

Smokin' a stick. 

66f85af7-d0db-481a-832e-04134dcbe427_zps

This is the most recent picture of him. He's a year and a half now. Still has the ear flop. 

IMG_0165_zps461e916b.jpg

Last one. A quick video of him playing with his favorite ball.

http://instagram.com/p/a6U_Kwr2mJ/

Pugs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> most other things on this planet >>>>>>>>>> big dogs

Kinda kidding about that. I like all dogs but pugs are my favorite things ever.

my man!

i have a pretty goddamn hard time seeing how this is ugly:

c626851e0dcd11e3894e22000aaa05f3_7.jpg

straight up newsies pug  :D  :D

Here's my addition to the thread. My wife and I have a long haired dachsund that's almost 3. She's been with us since before our son was born and they just love each other. She is truly a huge part of our family and we wouldn't know what to do if something happened to her.

image_zps57df553e.jpegiii_zps9a0ba4d7.jpeg89318485_zpsb04d223b.jpeg66666666_zps7efc0d15.jpeg963456_zps867b99bd.jpeg941407_10151188191377325_785495228_n_zpsimage2_zpsac87494c.jpeg

could use some serious help here- my roommate has a malty-poo who i love as my own. he's wonderful and the cutest little ball of endless love and energy.

but we have a bit of a problem with him. see, he's working with a stellar rig, and as such, managed to piss all over himself every time he goes. if it's not straight on the leash, it's down his entire front leg.

is there any way of preventing this? 

So my roommates brought home a 6 yr old Australian boarder collie last night. Some whole thing about this woman walking into their store yesterday saying that if she didn't find a home for it, her husband would have her put down.

So now there are two pups in the house. With the little one constantly trying to put the humps to the new one.

She was cute enough when she jumped on me in bed last night and gave me kisses. Sent me over when she spent an entire episode of community right up against the screen.

the story we got is that their very young child tugged on her ear, and she nipped at it. nothing severe, not even breaking the skin.. and he overreacted.

the story we got is that their very young child tugged on her ear, and she nipped at it. nothing severe, not even breaking the skin.. and he overreacted.

well Australian Border Collies are a pretty tightly wound breed to begin with, its no surprise it nipped at someone, even a small child, pulling on its ears.  i'd love a collie, but no way I could hand the energy they have.

my wifes school is on spring break right now and she's sending me pictures of her in bed cuddling our great pyr.  SO NOT FAIR.  

collies/shepherds like that are bred to nip to keep things in line. we had a family friend who had 2 or 3 mini aussies on a fairly large plot of land with a barn and when her kids were little, the dogs would nip their heels to herd them where they wanted to go. obviously they didn't have any intent to hurt the kids; quite the opposite. it's just part of the breed.

My dog, Molly, went to the vet for shots yesterday and had a bad reaction. Before she left, she passed out on the waiting room rug. Her blood pressure had dropped tremendously and she was taken back in and given epinephrine. She's ok now. So scary though. They saved her life. I haven't been so worried in a while.

My dog, Molly, went to the vet for shots yesterday and had a bad reaction. Before she left, she passed out on the waiting room rug. Her blood pressure had dropped tremendously and she was taken back in and given epinephrine. She's ok now. So scary though. They saved her life. I haven't been so worried in a while.

oh no! good to hear that she's ok, though! and good thing that that happened at the vets and not after you left!

one of my cats had a bad reaction to his shots once; he started violently vomiting when we got him home and we had to take him back to get an antihistamine shot. both he and his sister get a pre-treatment shot before their vaccines so that doesn't happen again.

Hate hearing these kinds of things happening but glad she's ok!