Looks like Blood Music pressed some Cloudkicker

Someone sounds mad. :huh:

Any original artwork that could be salvaged for printing was assessed, and one front cover (MYSTERY 2) had to be totally re-drawn from scratch. Though, we believe we re-drew it so closely that without tipping anyone off to this - they may never have known the difference.

There were not enough original art panels to complete the records, so we had to supplement parts of the artwork, using the artist's other publications as references. We purchased one of the artist's other LPs and scoured Wikipedia for other open source artwork available using Creative Commons licenses and used several of these on the MYSTERY 1 release.

Next, we ripped the highest quality audio available and worked together with one of our mastering engineers to carefully prepare it for vinyl. This took a few passes, but we got something that sounded good.

Someone sounds mad. :huh:

Any original artwork that could be salvaged for printing was assessed, and one front cover (MYSTERY 2) had to be totally re-drawn from scratch. Though, we believe we re-drew it so closely that without tipping anyone off to this - they may never have known the difference.

There were not enough original art panels to complete the records, so we had to supplement parts of the artwork, using the artist's other publications as references. We purchased one of the artist's other LPs and scoured Wikipedia for other open source artwork available using Creative Commons licenses and used several of these on the MYSTERY 1 release.

Next, we ripped the highest quality audio available and worked together with one of our mastering engineers to carefully prepare it for vinyl. This took a few passes, but we got something that sounded good.

Considering everything Blood Music has released so far has been top notch, I don't see why this is an issue. Especially since all the masters are KIA according to Ben himself. Plus since other than the covers there is no artwork, so I don't know what you'd be expecting

It's true, we did press Cloudkicker.

You can see which record is which here:

http://www.blood-music.com

These were not pressed from mp3s.  And in that link you can see the covers (in small) including the re-drawn cover for "The Discovery."  Anyone who receives will see and hear these are very high quality.

USA copies are now sold out.  All we have left is a handful in our EU store.

If you have problems with the shipping prices, blame the Finnish postal service.

http://www.posti.fi/english/pricesandinstructions/

Check here under MAXI LETTER - EUROPE - 2nd class - up to 1500g.

Then add 24% VAT on top of that that we have to collect.

Then add 4% Paypal fees we have to collect (just on shipping) on top of that price.

Then add a couple EUR for high quality packing materials.

So, somewhere around 30 EUR.

Then subtract a bunch of money (7 EUR) and you'll find that we lose money on shipping because we didn't raise our shipping prices, even though the Finnish postal service just did.

If you have problems with the shipping prices, blame the Finnish postal service.

http://www.posti.fi/english/pricesandinstructions/

Check here under MAXI LETTER - EUROPE - 2nd class - up to 1500g.

Then add 24% VAT on top of that that we have to collect.

Then add 4% Paypal fees we have to collect (just on shipping) on top of that price.

Then add a couple EUR for high quality packing materials.

So, somewhere around 30 EUR.

Then subtract a bunch of money (7 EUR) and you'll find that we lose money on shipping because we didn't raise our shipping prices, even though the Finnish postal service just did.

Wow, that is very expensive - a 2kg parcel is almost double the price it would be to send the other way.

I'm planning on being in Finland summer 2015. Any chance you could hold onto my order so I can get it posted internally in 16 months :P

And who the fuck is this Cloudkicker? What a dumb name.

Bah humbug!

I probably would have purchased these LPs had they not been a "secret" (I can't get behind mystery releases), and had they be endorsed by Sharp. I mean, I shouldn't be speaking on his behalf, plus he did make his music open source after all... but I just personally am a bit off-put by it without him saying, "Buy this, I support them and am happy they did this." 

I get the hate from people against this, but at the same time Ben went out of his way earlier this year to personally tell everyone that he made his music fair game to anyone. I think Blood Music realized Cloudkicker fans would love the back catalogue pressed & figured that they got turned down by Ben previously because he didn't have access to the files anymore & didn't want to do all the work involved in this.

I have a feeling that this tour he's in will really open his eyes to just how many fans he has & will also be happy someone put in the work to get his older material pressed for his fans. And again, Blood Music stated that they are giving Ben some of the proceeds as well. So it's not like they are selfishly pressing/selling these simply for their own benefit.

If Ben comes out & publicly says he is pissed about this, then yeah I'm dead wrong & will feel a little bad about owning these & probably won't ever partake in something like this again. But if I passed on this & Ben comes out in full support, as a huge CK fan, I'd be gutted I passed up on this.

Either way it's a double edged sword so I just have to hope it all works out.

What a silly gimmick. This shit would have never flown in the old days.

These, my friends, are the effects of the vinyl bubble, right there.

And who the fuck is this Cloudkicker? What a dumb name.

Korgull Of Morgoth? What a dumb name. Don't knock someone else's idea just because you don't agree. People have ideas and that is what makes this world go round. This has nothing to do with the vinyl bubble either. This company has been doing this a lot so it isn't just some crazy idea they had a month ago. "These, my friends, are the effects of the viny bubble, right there." This doesn't even make since.

And pardon my ignorance on the method behind pressing bootlegs, but are those really different than this? Serious question because I don't know what goes into a bootleg.

From my understanding a boot is from a piece of music that isn't authorized to be redistributed Take for instance the surge of rap/hip hop albums that vinyldigital has been doing. They don't have any concent from the labels that rightfully own the music so it's a bootleg. Ben specifically went out of his way to make sure people knew his music was for the public to do whatever they wanted with so technically what Blood Music is doing is "sanctioned" by Ben. It's just a far away sanction rather than a "Hey dude, yeah that's awesome! I'm all for it!" kind of deal.

This doesn't even make since.

Yep, does not make any since whatsover ;)

Honey, no need for such a tirade. I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't 100% about it serious. I could care less about this Cloudkicker or Blood Music. Next time I'll remember to drop a few emoticons or a zany gif.

The 'vinyl bubble' comment was meant to say that nobody, trust me, NOBODY would have care about this kind of marketing tactic back in 1965->2005 when buying music on actual physical form was the norm and not going out of your way. Can you imagine pre-ordering some kind of secret cd back in 1993? Nope. Nobody ever did. If you figure out why.

Dude - you need a freaking Time Machine. Maybe you missed the memo but the industry, marketing and means of distribution have changed pretty drastically in just the past few years. If your speaking about ethics - they should always be constant. If you are talking about means of producing/supplying music then that ship sailed off a long time ago. 

It's a creative commons license. The legality can't be debated. It's not a bootleg. You can debate the rest all you want and the fact that this conversation is taking place is the beauty of a release like this.