The Offspring - Smash 20th Anniversary Deluxe / Boxset

http://store.offspring.com/

SMASH 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION CD/VINYL

Shipping mid-August 2014, includes the following:
LP version containing the original 14 album tracks newly remastered on 180-gram vinyl
CD version containing the original 14 album tracks from the most recent remastering
Restyled album package artwork
Large format 24 page booklet featuring never before seen archive photos by Lisa Johnson
Firsthand recollections and quotes from the band and others telling the story of that historic time

*Advance conceptual image, actual finished product delivered may differ

$29.98

This package includes both the Smash 20th Anniversary Edition CD/Vinyl and a curated collection of 20th anniversary commemorative items. Shipping mid-August 2014, includes the following:
Custom wooden box containing the Smash 20th Anniversary Edition CD and vinyl along with the following collectibles
A 12" x 12" limited edition commemorative art print with certificate of authenticity by FIND Art Media artist Edward Frausto*
Genuine black and white photo print of live vintage Smash-era concert photo by photographer Lisa Johnson
A replica contact sheet of photos from a never-seen photo shoot
20th anniversary pin
20th anniversary patch
Replica of Smash tour all-access pass
20th anniversary guitar pick
* For the first 250 ordered, the art print will be on fine art linen canvas, numbered and SIGNED by artist and band
* Any orders after the first 250, the art print will be on archival fine art paper
** All orders placed in first 24 hours will also receive a special hand-stamped first day of release card
*** Advance conceptual image, actual finished product delivered may differ

$129.98

These prices....  :mellow:

10157396_10152323444962287_4995474858964

SMASH 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION CD/VINYL

• Available now for pre-order via Offspring.com, this package will ship and be in stores in mid-August 2014 from Epitaph Records.  The Smash 20th Anniversary Edition will include the following:
  • LP version containing the original 14 album tracks newly remastered on 180-gram vinyl
  • CD version containing the original 14 album tracks from the most recent remastering
  • Restyled album package artwork
  • Large format 24 page booklet featuring never before seen archive photos by Lisa Johnson
  • Firsthand recollections and quotes from the band and others telling the story of that historic time

In addition to special 20th Anniversary merchandise, the band are also offering a “collector’s box” combo as a companion piece to the Smash 20th Anniversary Edition.  The box will feature both the CD/Vinyl package and a curated collection of commemorative items including a custom wood box, art print, photo prints, pin, patch, replica pass and guitar pick.  A pre-order for is available now via Offspring.com- for the first 250 ordered, the art print will be on fine art linen canvas, numbered and signed by the artist and band.  All orders placed in the first 24 hours will receive a special hand-stamped first day of release card as well.

***From Epitaph FB***

I don't think $30 is bad for a remastered, 180 gram album plus CD. The collector's box is a bit much though. I like this album and I don't own the record yet. I'm sure I'll buy the base package this Friday.

Assuming the CD is about $8, that means the single 180g LP will be $22..?

That's about the price of a slightly-above-average priced double LP, no?

Assuming the CD is about $8, that means the single 180g LP will be $22..?

That's about the price of a slightly-above-average priced double LP, no?

Sounds about right. Heck, the current round of Hot Topic represses are going for $22 and most of them are neither remastered or pressed on 180 gram. Your break down makes it seem more reasonably priced too.

Sounds about right. Heck, the current round of Hot Topic represses are going for $22 and most of them are neither remastered or pressed on 180 gram. Your break down makes it seem more reasonably priced too.

Well that's because those Hot Topic represses are overpriced too. I mean, the Epitaph KRM store is selling the exact same LPs for either $15.99 or $16.99 (can't remember).

And also, my break down is when I'm assuming the cd is worth $8 but guess what, most of us here aren't gonna want/need the cds so they're toss.

Well that's because those Hot Topic represses are overpriced too. I mean, the Epitaph KRM store is selling the exact same LPs for either $15.99 or $16.99 (can't remember).

And also, my break down is when I'm assuming the cd is worth $8 but guess what, most of us here aren't gonna want/need the cds so they're toss.

I agree the Hot Topic represses are overpriced. The Epitaph KRM represses are very well priced at $15.99 for an LP, but they are not 180 gram, remastered pressings, nor are they celebrating an anniversary (though that alone shouldn't justify a price spike, even if that is usually how it works).

I personally still purchase CDs so I'm okay with an inclusion of one in the package, though I agree it shouldn't be valued at $8.00 or more since there is no additional packaging required. I'm also aware that on a forum such as this purchasing CDs is a rarity. I would be okay with a $22.00 single LP release for this album. I'll just have to decide how bad I want it.

I'm kind of tempted, I've always wanted this record, but I wish people wouldn't bundle all this stuff together. I wish I could get the box set minus all the superfluous doodads, like pins and remade tour passes that do nothing and other knick knacks. If I could just buy the record in the special box with the print, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat, but this useless stuff is jacking up the price.

Even the plain LP HAS to have a CD attached to it? Why? I don't want it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...