Boris - "Noise"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Boris is a bit too out there for me, sometimes. I got into them through their collaboration with Sunn, then got into Amplifier Worship and Heavy Rocks and Flood. I also bought Pink around when I was picking up their albums (all CD) but didn't initially like it. I just found the CD a few weeks ago and have been blasting it ever since; not sure why I didn't like it before. 

The screaming/shrieking/IDK vocals on the new track bother me. The rest isn't bad at all, definitely some cool sections. 

Most times the Japanese and American are different. By a little, but definitely noticeable. Also, I got an email from Inoxia mentioning Akuma No Uta and how they are going to get it late. I know that it's probably just a CD press, but holy shit if it's a vinyl repress.

That would be awesome. I do not want a super expensive picture disc like what is available now. This and Pink would be a nice treat..

For Smile the tracklisting and artwork was different but also the mix was different. And also between the US CD/LP versions is a difference. I think 2 extra tracks, different mix on the last song. So they kinda released 3 different versions from 1 album. And don't forget the live albums from SMILE :)

Also on Pink for example Just abandoned myself is 18 min long on the US release and only 10 min on the japanese version.

If you collect BORIS you need to have some money.

Still looking for JP PINK LP for a reasonable price.

Jesus, well that certainly sounds like a money pit! I think I'll adopt the "If I see a record at their show, I'll buy it." philosophy to prevent myself from going insane/bankrupt.

I'm kind of over buying Boris variants. The last few albums have been hit or miss for me, with Pink being the last album that I really enjoyed. Besides, the US mixes of their albums always seem to be better than the Japanese counterparts. The Japanese mix of Smile was more experimental than the US mix. I'm just going to pick up the Sargent House pressing of Noise when it hits the shops.