PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

then i hope you're willing to pay $150 later instead, cause you're gonna. 

love how this is how record shopping is anymore....spend lots of money now, or spend lots more later. grgh. Had an og press of this which I traded for an og press of You'd Prefer an Astronaut, before that was repressed. Have been bummed ever since =\ Tip of the hat to MOV for being spot on with the records they are releasing, as far as the demand for the releases. First 'Devil and God'...now this...whats next? I've always been curious on how much it costs them to make each copy of their releases and what the profit margin is. The business aspect of the industry interests me to no end. 

love how this is how record shopping is anymore....spend lots of money now, or spend lots more later. grgh. Had an og press of this which I traded for an og press of You'd Prefer an Astronaut, before that was repressed. Have been bummed ever since =\ Tip of the hat to MOV for being spot on with the records they are releasing, as far as the demand for the releases. First 'Devil and God'...now this...whats next? I've always been curious on how much it costs them to make each copy of their releases and what the profit margin is. The business aspect of the industry interests me to no end. 

I know there has been quite a bit of push to get Coheed's Good Apollo Vol 1 and In Keeping Secrets done through MOV. Looks like that is gonna happen outside of MOV. Very excited to have a copy of De-Loused that is not a pic disc. Just have to see how the quality is but i'm feeling optimistic.

P.S. SRC has 183 left

Tentatively Good Apollo is slated for Black Friday 2014 which would make it much easier to get. No official word on in keeping secrets but its hard to believe that with Coheed's track record for vinyl that if they finally press Apollo, that a repress would not happen. I would also not be surprised for a Second Stage repress again. Or hoping is more the term.

I hated this album the first time I heard it in 2005 and put away my CD. About 3 years later my soon to be pulled out the CD to give it a listen and I loved it, so happy I can spin it now. Anyway, can't believe the rarer variant is still around, especially how quick the gold went.

Anyway, can't believe the rarer variant is still around, especially how quick the gold went.

I don't think the gold is really sold out at this point.  Yes it went quick from the 3 distros that it sold out on, but they were definitely not given the task to move all 3500 copies of the gold version, I think we'll see plenty more golds pop on other distros and in stores as it gets closer to the release date.  So assuming that those distros only sold a fifth of the 3500 gold and SRC has to move all 1500 exclusively(which would be double that of the sold out distros) I'm not really surprised its taking this long to sell out.  1500 is large amount of records to sell especially at a price of 40 dollars and as seen in this thread there are people not really willing to pay that much. Just my two cents as to why this it hasn't sold out on SRC yet, and I could definitely be wrong about my speculations.

I think most people saw the gold go up, ordered as fast as possible, then SRC put theirs up the next day and nobody could justify buying another/wanted to cancel and wait for the refund from SSD.

Personally, I jumped on the gold variant thinking it was going to be the limited one, but then decided to stick with it because I think it matches the album artwork better than silver, even if it is less limited.  It's not like I'm going to be reselling this anyway, so I'm sticking with the version that appeals more to my aesthetic taste.

Personally, I jumped on the gold variant thinking it was going to be the limited one, but then decided to stick with it because I think it matches the album artwork better than silver, even if it is less limited.  It's not like I'm going to be reselling this anyway, so I'm sticking with the version that appeals more to my aesthetic taste.

Precisely my thought process lol, although I was bummed that a black version was shortly released. I shouldve known it was coming but if the gold doesn't sound great ill just pick up a black as well. But its a high number pressing so i think the gold will be ok.

According to an update about Antemasque (Cedric & Omar's new project), there is going to be a new mix of Deloused "this week". Wonder if thats what they pressed?

There should be some tasty TMV information coming out today, but here is what we know so far: *Subject to change*

- People who bought all three ANTEMASQUE tracks get the whole album when it's released which should be out by the end of summer.

- New mixes of Tremulant, Deloused, and Le Butcherettes should be released this week.

- The new label Nadie Sound will periodically release random shit from their "vault". They are going through hard drives looking for stuff to release.

- first 250 people who bought all three ante tracks will possibly get signed copies of Tremulant and Deloused? Not sure how this will work, but more details to come hopefully.

According to an update about Antemasque (Cedric & Omar's new project), there is going to be a new mix of Deloused "this week". Wonder if thats what they pressed?

There should be some tasty TMV information coming out today, but here is what we know so far: *Subject to change*

- People who bought all three ANTEMASQUE tracks get the whole album when it's released which should be out by the end of summer.

- New mixes of Tremulant, Deloused, and Le Butcherettes should be released this week.

- The new label Nadie Sound will periodically release random shit from their "vault". They are going through hard drives looking for stuff to release.

- first 250 people who bought all three ante tracks will possibly get signed copies of Tremulant and Deloused? Not sure how this will work, but more details to come hopefully.

good find!