PO NOW: Morrissey - World Peace is None Of Your Business

Got an email about my order from Hot Topic saying they need verbal confirmation via telephone to process the order. Anyone ever had this? Is it legit? Sounds weird to me.

i didn't get this... but they did send mine to Canada with a signature required upon delivery.... first time for that for a record from the US for me... 

i didn't get this... but they did send mine to Canada with a signature required upon delivery.... first time for that for a record from the US for me...

You're lucky. Phoned them a little while ago. It was an ordeal and a half but at least know it's on it's way now.

Got an email about my order from Hot Topic saying they need verbal confirmation via telephone to process the order. Anyone ever had this? Is it legit? Sounds weird to me.

same here, i live in germany and was on holiday in greece. i phoned them a lot and after 4 attempts i talked to a women for about 10 minutes. she told me, i will get a confirmation via email. all i got was an email saying that the product is sold out. will never order again at hot topic.

Little surprised the HT press is still available after how fast they moved the first time.  Just happened to check the thread yesterday afternoon and ordered mine then.  Can't wait to give this some more attention (only listened to it once so far).

Maybe they saw how quickly they went the first time and when the commissioned the second pressing raised the pressing count significantly?

Maybe they saw how quickly they went the first time and when the commissioned the second pressing raised the pressing count significantly?

It's possible, they could have allocated more to the site this go around too.  I'm glad either way, nice that more people are able to get their hands on it.

I've just been trying to do this verbal confirmation by telephone.....    I give the lady all of my details,   card no. etc...   and then she wants the telephone number of my bank !   WTF ?   So I tell her I don't know,  and she's all "we cannot complete your order without your banks phone number".   Seriously.   Raging.

Goddamn frustrating.

Little surprised the HT press is still available after how fast they moved the first time. 

Well the first time they still had it listed for a while even after numerous people got their orders cancelled. But hopefully this one is actually available so everyone who wants it can get one.

I've just been trying to do this verbal confirmation by telephone.....    I give the lady all of my details,   card no. etc...   and then she wants the telephone number of my bank !   WTF ?   So I tell her I don't know,  and she's all "we cannot complete your order without your banks phone number".   Seriously.   Raging.

Goddamn frustrating.

Is there a customer service # on the back of your credit card? I know there is on US cards.  I would think that would be good enough.

Goddamn frustrating.

Seems like a pretty f'ed up system to me. Maybe the fact I wasn't ordering blink 182 or paramore records as well set some kind of alarm off on their system. Hope your Mrs has better luck on the phone than you did.

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived today,   was quite surprised as I hadn't had any kind of dispatch notice or anything from HT.    Not complaining !       All in top condition,  gonna give it a spin later tonight.

Nice. Yeah they said it might be 10-14 working days but mine is at my post office awaiting collection. It's gone from the site again so I'll be pleased to have a copy. I guess our crazy accents worked okay in the end!

• 2 weeks later...