PO: Listener Discography Represses (GERMANY)

the label posted this on facebook:

"Hello, the payment system in the Sounds of Subterrania system works not automatically. The reason is simple. I also have a mailorder and check beforehand that all records are available before I write a invoice. For this reason I also ship no advance the paypal link. 

All buyers will receive an invoice tonight and all the information they need. Greetings Gregor"

I got an invoice with my order.  I guess I will receive another email to pay.  Has anyone gotten the email to pay yet?

the whole setup isn't very insuring.  Someone said on the listener facebook page that this is how it has to be done in Germany.  No idea if that is accurate or not.  But I have ordered other records from shops based out of Germany and have never had to go through this before.  

Not much to do but wait and see I guess.

The Night We Called It A Day was released on Uprok, a subsidiary of Tooth & Nail, so unfortunately it was most likely sucked into the EMI Christian Music Group Vortex, from which none shall escape or be sublicensed.

I keep hearing about T&N's catalog getting sold.  And I finally looked it up.  That is absolutely crazy Brandon Ebel sold their entire catalog.  T&N has been crap for about 7 years or more, but up before that they always have some pretty good bands on the label.  Such a shame.

edit: words

Newest email/invoice with paypal order info:

"thanks for your order.

First I’m a little sick the last days. Was too much work for this record, but when you hold this in your hand you understand all and i hope you like it.

Also thanks thats you support Listener. They are a great band and really nice people.

Shipping to US is not easy and the records are heavy. I control all and now you have 2 options

1.option:
Sending 81,63 € to my paypalaccount [email protected]  and i send you 2 packages, one with 1 record and the other one with the other 2 releases.

2.option
Sending 84,35 € to my paypalaccount [email protected]  and i send you 1 package with all 3 records.

The Invoice Number is 2014****.

If I could give you some advice, I would ask them to opt for Option 2. I can use in this case, stable cartons, which would protect the LP better (specially the edges)

I'm sorry for this lack of clarity, the publication of the LPs had been in the same time from my shop update.

Please send me also your correct adresse for the shipping.

best wishes
Gregor"

the first price is $112 and the second is $116.  If I go for the later that is $36.67 per album.  I guess that is not a horrible price considering it is coming from Europe, but I wasn't exactly planning on spending that on records (especially that I already have).  they look so nice though...

Hello, 

first sorry. when people wait longer on an answer, but i received tons of emails and need time sending to each person an answer. Also i think, waiting seven hours for an answer is not long, specially when is in germany sunday night.

For your understanding. I have also a big mailorder shop and in this way, i can't make an automatic pay system. So i send each person an email, this need time.

And i have also on this day a releaseparty with Action Beat and i was sick. So all this points bring this small delay.

By the end. I really happy thats you support the band and order this record. I can't wait thats you hold this in your hand. I work on each record 25 Minutes ( only the machine works 22 Minutes). So please see, is not an standart industry product. 

Too the price. The biggest part is the shipping to US. 3 records are more then 1kg. The artwork is real special. special paper and a special design. All this costs money and is handmade in a high end quality. i make no profit with this release, but i really happy thats i can released this in this way. When you received the records you understand.

Please feel free, sending me all your questions and i will help.

best wishes and thanks for your support!

Gregor

Hello, 

first sorry. when people wait longer on an answer, but i received tons of emails and need time sending to each person an answer. Also i think, waiting seven hours for an answer is not long, specially when is in germany sunday night.

For your understanding. I have also a big mailorder shop and in this way, i can't make an automatic pay system. So i send each person an email, this need time.

And i have also on this day a releaseparty with Action Beat and i was sick. So all this points bring this small delay.

By the end. I really happy thats you support the band and order this record. I can't wait thats you hold this in your hand. I work on each record 25 Minutes ( only the machine works 22 Minutes). So please see, is not an standart industry product. 

Too the price. The biggest part is the shipping to US. 3 records are more then 1kg. The artwork is real special. special paper and a special design. All this costs money and is handmade in a high end quality. i make no profit with this release, but i really happy thats i can released this in this way. When you received the records you understand.

Please feel free, sending me all your questions and i will help.

best wishes and thanks for your support!

Gregor

no problem. I think people were just confused at first because most people in the USA are not used to ordering like this.  Much different than online ordering is usually done for us.  And also being from the USA we aren't use to paying that much for shipping.  Neither one is your fault.  I look forward to getting these in the mail.  Thanks for your work.

yes, i understand. So you can see what we pay, when we order in the US our records!

I try my best and I'm sure thats, when you see the originals then you are more then happy.

This sleeves are the first recordsleeves in the world with engraving. One machine need for all records 8 weeks. The paper from the sleeve is a special paper from a manufacture in bavaria in a special procedure.

I can't wait on your feedback!

Sorry if I came over as an ass not my intention just saw people got a response here.

Hope you are doing good now and will check your label/distro in the future for sure you are actually very good at what you do (even more as the process is a little more work than other kinds)!

Respect to you!

What do you mean with the engraving? Is it not just a screen print?