A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion (GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS)

Sansa is now Petyr's niece, not natural daughter. Seems like a minor change, wonder if will be meaningful. They haven't gone into that fact that Petyr is from the fingers and owns the Kettleblacks. They are also "softening" up Cersei a bit too. That could be just to add more depth to her character, but it makes one wonder if they are going the whole walk of shame route.

Jon will not reunite with Bran et al., but knows he's alive (Sam was not a snitch in the book). Then, what was the point of the Craster's Keep subplot? Didn't the white walkers kill the mutineers in the book?  I am glad there was a bit less gratuitous rape in the last episode.

Rickon and Ohsa are off to find the Umbers. I hope they still do the Davos/Manderly storyline. It is one of my favorites from the books.

Rickon and Ohsa are off to find the Umbers. I hope they still do the Davos/Manderly storyline. It is one of my favorites from the books.

What where was that scene with Rickon and Ohsa and how did I miss it? Also, Coldhands looks to be back in play due to Jojen "You must find him" or whatever at the weirwood. 

What where was that scene with Rickon and Ohsa and how did I miss it? Also, Coldhands looks to be back in play due to Jojen "You must find him" or whatever at the weirwood. 

No, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Bloodraven/3 Eyed Crow.  They already know where they need to go, thus no Coldhands.

The Rickon/Ohsa scene was from last season - they just haven't caught up with them yet. Probably going to wait to recast Rickon. At this rate Bran with have a full beard by the time he reaches the CoF. Sadly, it seems there will be no coldhands.

There was talk about a forthcoming surprise involving Sansa. Could be she'll be the one to off her aunt.

No way Sansa kills Lysa instead of Petyr.  That would take away way too much from the diabolical genius that is Lord Baelish. 

Fair enough; however,  I am hoping there are no rape scenes. They have already jumped ahead of the books, but i doubt they would have her kill sweet robin, even if he wet the bed.

the more I think about it, I think the Lady Stoneheart reveal is going to take place with Brienne. that would explain why they're already getting into her travel arc from book 4. I think they're going to condense the reveal from the end of book 3 and the part where Brienne is being hung. likely the last scene of the season. 

the more I think about it, I think the Lady Stoneheart reveal is going to take place with Brienne. that would explain why they're already getting into her travel arc from book 4. I think they're going to condense the reveal from the end of book 3 and the part where Brienne is being hung. likely the last scene of the season. 

That would make sense and be a good way to end the season. I could easily see them stretching out Brienne's travel though... end the season with her on the road and hold off on the Lady Stoneheart for next season. We'd just end up having less Brienne in general. We know she's out searching, they don't necessarily need to include the parts of the book that have her on the road.

Episode was great, maybe I just forgot about it but did Stannis go to Bravos in the book?

Also the Iron Born trying to free Theon was weird.

If I remember correctly, Stannis just disappears for a while in the books, and then shows up at the Wall with a representative from the Iron Bank?

That interaction wasn't in the book, but was implied.

The Iron Born scene was definitely weird...but how fucking badass did Ramsay look?

Ramsay-406.png