“BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)” Double LP Pre-Sale Details Revealed

“BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)” Double LP Pre-Sale Details Revealed

April 17, 2014 – SpaceLab9, in partnership with Madison Gate Records, is primed for the release of “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)”, a Deluxe Double LP edition scheduled to hit store shelves in North America on April 29th and in Europe on May 9th.  Previously released as a limited double picture disc LP exclusively for Hot Topic stores by SpaceLab9 this past November, the score album to the groundbreaking series BREAKING BAD will now be released as a deluxe gatefold double LP to delight fans of the hit TV show and rabid vinyl collectors alike.

BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)”, Deluxe Double LP edition is packaged in a full color gatefold jacket with two full color inner bags featuring many images from the hit TV show as well as extensive liner notes from composer Dave Porter and show creator and executive producer Vince Gilligan. First pressing also includes a full color 18” x 24” poster. A limited edition of “Walter White” White Vinyl will be available in select stores while supplies last while the “Jesse Pinkman” Pink Vinyl edition will be made available exclusively from SPACELAB9.COM during the album’s pre-sale beginning April 22nd, at 1PM Eastern Standard Time.

BREAKING BAD is among the most watched cable programs on television, with the series finale having a viewership of approximately ten million. BREAKING BAD has also won numerous awards, including ten Primetime Emmy® Awards and two Golden Globes®, and was named one of the best-written TV series of all time by the Writers Guild of America. “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series)” features original music by composer Dave Porter and includes hand-picked selections from the most pivotal moments of the entire series.

We right off the bat that this was going to be a complaint from the fans. Trust me we wanted that to happen but you all have to remember that this is a licensed property and EVERYTHING we do or want to do has to get cleared by the property owner. And that is all I have to say about that. Regardless, of the lack of blue I think fans of the show are going to be very happy with the packaging of this release.

We right off the bat that this was going to be a complaint from the fans. Trust me we wanted that to happen but you all have to remember that this is a licensed property and EVERYTHING we do or want to do has to get cleared by the property owner. And that is all I have to say about that. Regardless, of the lack of blue I think fans of the show are going to be very happy with the packaging of this release.

It's the internet, people will complain regardless.

I expected that was the case, regardless, I hope said parties are aware of the public reaction ;)  For me, it's totally a deal breaker, the album is not bad (someone asked about that earlier), but not something I'd spin a lot.  Spending money on this honestly hinged on the packaging (which normally isn't the case for my purchasing habits), and the lack of a crystal meth blue tipped the scales away from this being an item I'll throw money at.

For anyone that bought the picture disc, have you listened to it at all? And is the contents worth owning as a listen?

I couldn't care less about owning a breaking bad trinket

I think the music is good. I was happy with my purchase of the picture disc, not just for the novelty value of having a Breaking Bad record, but because the music holds up on its own. It's up on Spotify too, if you want to check it out for yourself.

Thanks for the update.

In for a "Pink"man vinyl :)

spacelab, which select stores for the white one? is it going to be like the walking dead smoke... just random?

I have a pre-order for this on amazon already and don't want to get another standard black vinyl.

It will indeed be random distribution to stores/online retailers. It is very possible that Amazon will have colored vinyl. I have said before while that randomness drives collectors insane our intent is not for that to occur but to surprise fans who order the record and get thrilled that they came across a colored copy. Not to sound like an old fart or take steam away from the relevancy from online retailers a huge part of why we did this is to entice people to leave their house and support their local record store. Wouldn't it be a thrill to walk into your local record store and find a colored copy on the racks? As much as we love collecting records we also like to not abandon our roots and the people (i.e independent record stores) who have made not only our past endeavors successful but have been an integral part of our lives as music fans. I saw in the other thread that a community member here works at Hastings and spotted black smoke copies of the Walking Dead lp in his store- and that is going to make someone really excited. To us that is awesome but who knows maybe we are alone in that sentiment. 

Regardless thanks for the support everyone!

It will indeed be random distribution to stores/online retailers. It is very possible that Amazon will have colored vinyl. I have said before while that randomness drives collectors insane our intent is not for that to occur but to surprise fans who order the record and get thrilled that they came across a colored copy. Not to sound like an old fart or take steam away from the relevancy from online retailers a huge part of why we did this is to entice people to leave their house and support their local record store. Wouldn't it be a thrill to walk into your local record store and find a colored copy on the racks? As much as we love collecting records we also like to not abandon our roots and the people (i.e independent record stores) who have made not only our past endeavors successful but have been an integral part of our lives as music fans. I saw in the other thread that a community member here works at Hastings and spotted black smoke copies of the Walking Dead lp in his store- and that is going to make someone really excited. To us that is awesome but who knows maybe we are alone in that sentiment. 

You aren't alone in that sentiment at all. I completely agree with it!

After checking out the music on spotify, it's not quite what i'm after. But kudos for pressing it! 

Completely understand where you're coming from. I just have some health isssues that prevent me from going to record stores right now and getting that feeling you describe. I'd love nothing more to support all my local record stores in NYC esp with Record store day coming up, but that's a no go for me and maybe some others aswell. I'm just trying to make it as easy as possible on myself to be able to track down the versions I prefer without being screwed over by someone on eBay who doesn't have to shop online. That's the only reason Ive been asking these questions. I have no problems at all with how you distribute your records :)

Thanks for the reply.