Online sales of RSD releases

Just a heads up, I put an order in for this on Saturday evening, didn't hear anything after getting an order receipt, reached out last night and heard back today that they sold out before they could fill my order so don't hold out too much hope for that one is all I'm saying.. might not be completely updated listings, it sounds like they've been pretty swamped with orders.

My order says "Approved"...wonder if that means all is good or just wtfever...

Totally agreed. I got everything I was looking for and then some last year. But this year, even items with huge press sizes, like DCFC and the Circa split were nowhere to be found at four record stores or online leftovers. People were fired up this year for some reason, even though I heard tons of remarks about it being a poor lineup. I did meet a good few first year people while in line, which I suppose is good for the cause but a double edged sword.

I overheard one of the local shop owners on Monday saying she thinks because there are actually new record stores opening the past few years, the stock gets more spread out and shops that have been participating for years are getting less.

I'm wondering if the Easter holidays messed up distribution this year?

Even before RSD one of my local stores said they were getting some products late, and now with Bullmoose expecting more Scott Pilgrim records on the 25th and some guy on eBay selling seven copies saying he'll ship after the 28th ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anamanaguchi-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-Video-Game-Soundtrack-RSD-2014-/251486020527?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a8dbc23af ) - it all makes me wonder if the full stock hasn't hit the street yet.

Mine said the same.  Ordered Joy Division and the Dinosaur Jr./Cure split from them.  Joy Division only arrived today with a note saying "Thanks for your order!  Here is what we had in stock."  I understand things may not be available or that they run out of stock, but I would have hoped for at least an email letting me know.  I passed on buying the 7" from other stores as I thought I had it...

RPM

Mine said the same.  Ordered Joy Division and the Dinosaur Jr./Cure split from them.  Joy Division only arrived today with a note saying "Thanks for your order!  Here is what we had in stock."  I understand things may not be available or that they run out of stock, but I would have hoped for at least an email letting me know.  I passed on buying the 7" from other stores as I thought I had it...

RPM

im assuming they refunded you?

RPM

Greeeeat, the Cure/Dinosaur Jr. split is what I have ordered through them...still been looking for it elsewhere but with no luck...

FWIW.. have the same thing when I log into my account on their site.

Order Date: 4/19/2014

Order Status: Approved

Here's what they told me in an email. I know when it disappeared from the store and then popped back up in the store, I figured they must have a couple copies and I was set. They seem cool but yeah just didn't want a bunch of people to order it and find out the same thing.

"We REALLY got killed for RSD. Over 200 orders (and there are only four of use who work here). So we are still going through the orders. I hope to have all invoiced and mailed out by Saturday. If possible, please sit tight til Saturday. By then I'll know exactly who got what and when it was shipped. Sorry for the headache I PROMISE we are going as fast as possible (getting there early and staying LATE) each day...

Thanks!"

They got that Strummer late since that's where I started on RSD and they didn't get it in. In fact, Sunrise was missing about half their order, so some good stuff might make it online.

Sunrise said they were pulling all the stock back and sending requests out and putting the rest online tomorrow or Friday. Follow them on Facebook for updates.