This Will Destroy You S/T and Young Mountain represses

I think my big hangup has always been the inability to reconcile the OG album art with Burial On The Presidio Banks (and the rest of the album for that matter). Very subjective, I know I know, mere opinion, nothing to argue about, just throwing my 2c in.

So I confess to selling my OG copy when the CD art version was pressed a couple of years ago.  (And this from someone seriously art-handicapped and color-impaired re: 'matching up' things)

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, glass realms said:

all of those "Certified Rare" Young Mountain LPs are the pre-10th anniversary pressings. the majority of those sound like shit (super noisy).

So the certified rare copies are old pressings they found in the back somewhere, along with spare sleeves and they added the hand stamp so they can charge more for it?

52 minutes ago, jrodan said:

dear lord, fuck Brent Eyestone. what a goober.

12 minutes ago, Skacel said:

So the certified rare copies are old pressings they found in the back somewhere, along with spare sleeves and they added the hand stamp so they can charge more for it?

8 minutes ago, ethereal said:

basically 

I initially was in the same ballpark as you guys when I first saw it, but he later added a note to each saying exactly where the money goes.  In this case to TWDY recording a new album, other cases it goes to a named charity, etc.

So whatever.

Would someone be willing to share a digital copy of their self titled album with me? 

I've purchased mulitple copies on vinyl (one badly warped, one with terrible noise, all just lousy pressings) and none had download codes that worked. The domain for the download was expired. I reached out to MB Records about a dozen times about sharing a new code, but they just seem to be ignoring my emails.

I just want to listen to the album in my car and don't want to fork out more cash, since I've purchased multiple vinyl copies already. Plus, the vinyl pressings for this album, probably all 11 pressings, are crummy. 

Send me a PM if youd be willing. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, ethereal said:

http://m.ebay.com/sch/talonz45/m.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=seller%3Atalonz45&_sasl=talonz45

this is ridiculous..... definitely seems like they are trying to liquidate assets. TWDY doesn’t need thousands of dollars of test pressing sales to record an album.... 

this link leads to nothing being sold.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

http://m.ebay.com/sch/talonz45/m.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=seller%3Atalonz45&_sasl=talonz45

this is ridiculous..... definitely seems like they are trying to liquidate assets. TWDY doesn’t need thousands of dollars of test pressing sales to record an album.... 

Not really sure how you equate 300$ total current bids compiled across everything of theirs to "Thousands of Dollars," or how it's ridiculous they are selling test presses when many labels do that. Also I am not being a smart ass I just don't understand where your reasoning comes in.

Edited by MayCauseDeath

39 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Not really sure how you equate 300$ total current bids compiled across everything of theirs to "Thousands of Dollars," or how it's ridiculous they are selling test presses when many labels do that. Also I am not being a smart ass I just don't understand where your reasoning comes in.

I was under the impression that all these sudden sales, mostly consisting of TWDY rarities, were all to benefit the new album.  I could be wrong though....

On 12/19/2017 at 3:18 PM, ethereal said:

I was under the impression that all these sudden sales, mostly consisting of TWDY rarities, were all to benefit the new album.  I could be wrong though....

Nope you are correct.  The sales go to the new album.  Or at least that's what Magic Bullet has been saying when they post stuff.