Rare Bob Dylan Record? Help Needed!

I recently got my hands on a copy of Bob Dylan Greatest hits and am having real trouble trying to work out what release it is. I have checked a number of web sites and the copy that I have does not match any that I have been able to find. I'm hoping that there might be an expert out there that can help me? So, thanks in advance.

Here are the details: A link to the discog submision is here! along with some pictures that show the noted differences.

Catalog Number: CBS 62847
Matrix Side A: 62847 A2
Matrix Side B: 62847 B2

The cover is laminated on the front and the record label is orange and so I understood this to be a second release Mono. After checking however it does not exactly match any of the details associated with any of the releases.

The record itself is clearly a second release when comparing the label to copies that I have seen. It's not a first release due to "1-6 Blossom Music" being on the label instead of just Blossom Music" which shows on the first release. It's not a third release as "Mono" is not marked anywhere on the label on either side 1 or side 2.

It's when looking at the sleeve that things get interested.

As far as I know the 3 different releases of this record have variations with the sleeve non of which match the copy that I have got.

1st and 2nd Release sleeves should have 3 folded over edges on the back. Mine has none. 1st and 2nd also have a laminated front cover, as does my copy.
3rd release sleeves do not have the folded edges (matching mine) but do have a text box at the bottom of the rear, which my copy does not have.

I have also noticed that my copy has "GB" printed on the rear of the sleeve like with the 1st and 2nd release but on my copy it is flipped 180 degrees and further up than any other copy I have ever seen.

I hope this makes sense and wish I could post some pictures. Hopefully someone will be able to help and point out that this is indeed a standard copy just one that I haven't seen.

Or could it really be a rarity??

<edit> I have found a page that refers to three raritys of this title that can be found here!

No Problem, 

I remember about 5-6 years ago when i was studying abroad, there was a shop in Camden that had some pretty impressive rarities. I wish i had more details on what it was called. 

For the record, your copy is at least rare enough that everyone that has read it here as well as over on the hoff forums hasn't heard of it. 

EDIT: i mention the Camden shop because the owner had a pretty keen eye for identifying the obscure. 

No Problem, 

I remember about 5-6 years ago when i was studying abroad, there was a shop in Camden that had some pretty impressive rarities. I wish i had more details on what it was called. 

For the record, your copy is at least rare enough that everyone that has read it here as well as over on the hoff forums hasn't heard of it. 

EDIT: i mention the Camden shop because the owner had a pretty keen eye for identifying the obscure. 

Thanks mate

I might well try and track the shop down (if it's still there). I suspect it will just confirm that this is a standard copy, just one I have not seen. Having said that, the more I ask around and no one has a similar copy the more interesting this gets :)

Just looking at the pictures of the label, those look like the 60's UK labels. I cannot tell and while skimming, didn't see the UK pop up. Perhaps another European pressing (Holland for instance had a big pressing plant then). 

I think you are right, it's a UK label and Cat number. It also contains the 3 tracks not found on other releases. If it was from Holland would it not have a different cat number to those coming out of the UK?

No Problem, 

Thanks mate, I have contacted a couple of people that might be able to help. Everyone I have talked to so far is coming up blank which I guess might be a good thing?!?!

Just depends how Columbia  did it back then. I would assume you're right. Should be different.

I am pretty sure they would have been different. I have checked most releases, all that I can find.

Mine matches exactly with a second release Mono, it's just the different back cover that is unlike any of the three UK releases that has me stumped!