PO: Jonny Craig- Find what you love and....with 3 bonus tracks via ETR on sale 4/24

Oh myy haha.

Yea his first solo album is really good. I might just have to grab this. Excited for his new group Slaves though. Hopefully they get a cool pre-order too.

Didn't know he had another band. Not sure if I should be excited or not.

Emarosa only got better the more time he was gone. And their new album seems like it's going to be great.

Ross, you should look into pressing some Squid the Whale. :D

Didn't know he had another band. Not sure if I should be excited or not.

Emarosa only got better the more time he was gone. And their new album seems like it's going to be great.

Ross, you should look into pressing some Squid the Whale. :D

Yeah it seems like its going to be GOOD. New song just came out today. Should give it a look.

Agreed. The teasers for their new album sound amazing.

For those that keep asking, Jonny posted on twitter for a couple weeks attempted to sell a Macbook 13" with "all of his personal music still on it" and a microphone he used to record Downtown Battle Mountain. I think the exact price was $550. He would tweet that he was selling it, a couple hours later he'd say "just sold it, fuck ya" (or something like that), and then a short bit later would say that the person flaked out on him and the laptops still for sale. It's funny because I almost bought the microphone until I saw that 3-5 people "backed out" of the Macbook sale. Didn't feel right...

But at the end of the day, music is about the music and what it makes you feel (at least for me). I'm a huge Jonny Craig fan and I have been since Ghost Runner on 3rd, Dance Gavin Dance, etc. I think he's a horrible human being that seems to be working on himself and using his musical outlet to do so. He just released a new lyric video for his new band Slaves and I'm very excited about that too! Hopefully he can just shape up and stop doing drugs. It would be a shame to lose such a talented musician. 

Smart to include those bonus tracks - especially the Cry Me a River cover. The EP itself was only okay imo, but the extra tracks will probably get me to buy.

The new Slaves song sounds pretty good.

Easily his best work since Emarosa. I'm seeing Slaves next month, and I'm hoping that the rest of their material is just as good. 

It's just too bad that Jonny is still such an immature douche. He has all the pieces in place to make a great comeback right now, and instead of enjoying the reaction to the new band/song and focusing on that, he's shit-talking Emarosa and their new singer and starting a bunch of shit on Twitter/IG/etc. 

Makes it really difficult to give the guy any financial support, even though I love his music. I'll buy this, but it's more out of support for ETR than JC.....whereas if Slaves ends up putting their album out on wax, I'm not so sure I'd buy it (at least not from the band; maybe second-hand).

Smart to include those bonus tracks - especially the Cry Me a River cover. The EP itself was only okay imo, but the extra tracks will probably get me to buy.

Easily his best work since Emarosa. I'm seeing Slaves next month, and I'm hoping that the rest of their material is just as good. 

It's just too bad that Jonny is still such an immature douche. He has all the pieces in place to make a great comeback right now, and instead of enjoying the reaction to the new band/song and focusing on that, he's shit-talking Emarosa and their new singer and starting a bunch of shit on Twitter/IG/etc. 

Makes it really difficult to give the guy any financial support, even though I love his music. I'll buy this, but it's more out of support for ETR than JC.....whereas if Slaves ends up putting their album out on wax, I'm not so sure I'd buy it (at least not from the band; maybe second-hand).

Thanks man. The licensing fee was already paid and Jonny and his label are not going to be selling any copies direct so anyone who likes the music and is choosing to boycott because they think that he isnt a good person is really just hurting ETR. Obviously it is a personal choice but If you like the music then not purchasing the Lp because you dont want to support him isnt going to change anything since he already got his cut from this pressing.

Here is a link to the cover tracks for those interested BTW

And the link to the video single from this album

so anyone who likes the music and is choosing to boycott because they think that he isnt a good person is really just hurting ETR. Obviously it is a personal choice but If you like the music then not purchasing the Lp because you dont want to support him isnt going to change anything since he already got his cut from this pressing.

Yeah, but you're still profiting off someone who has a very shady past and ripped off the only people who would probably still have his back, which would be the fans. Sell it, I don't care, but don't try to guilt trip people because they think Jonny is a scumbag.

I didn't know he had been shit talking Emarosa. That's kinda funny considering just last year he was talking about how he was still such good friends with them and would love to jam with them and make music, etc, etc. He's also the one who told all the press and stuff that Bradley Walden was the new singer. He's such a fucking douche. Based on Squid the Whale and what I've heard from the two new Emarosa studio updates, I'd much prefer to listen to Bradley's music than Jonny's. Jonny's songs all sound the same and the writing is just done to compliment his voice, whereas Bradley's writing is much more, well, good. Emarosa with Jonny was fucking fantastic until I listened to it a few times and then I just got so bored of it. I can listen to Squid the Whale on repeat and be completely happy.

Thanks man. The licensing fee was already paid and Jonny and his label are not going to be selling any copies direct so anyone who likes the music and is choosing to boycott because they think that he isnt a good person is really just hurting ETR. Obviously it is a personal choice but If you like the music then not purchasing the Lp because you dont want to support him isnt going to change anything since he already got his cut from this pressing.

TL;DR: I already gave him money. Give me money and I won't give him anymore. It goes straight to me. 

Yeah, from what I understand Enjoy The Ride puts out quality releases of sought after music, but the fact that the licensing fee was paid in advance doesn't really change anything. Not sure why it's ok to support a label that supports a rotten individual when it's not ok to support said individual.

This is a really super weird statement. I see what you're saying. I also see that you might be hurting yourself by pressing it if the demand isn't high enough. I like and always support your label and buy a ton of releases, but if the demand isn't there and you choose to press it. That's your business decision. People are basically saying they don't want to support him or anything that has to do with him. It doesn't matter whether the music is good or not or if he has been paid up front out of your pocket. They don't want him paid in any way at all. Him getting paid anything then a release selling out would be supporting him because more people, or you, would pay him to press future releases. I don't think the people who have a problem with this want him getting paid at all in any way. I still imagine that this will do okay. He still has a pretty solid fan base that has forgiven him.

I have nothing against this getting pressed. I may even pick up a copy. I'm on the fence. They look really well done. I think this album is okay. Just thought it was a weird statement. :)

I see what you're saying. I also see that you might be hurting yourself by pressing it if the demand isn't high enough.

I doubt this will be an issue.  There are plenty of teenagers with crosleys and/or record frames who don't give a shit how much of a scumbag JC is.  Shouldn't be much of an issue to sell out of at least the 400 copies from their own store.  HT will have already paid them for their 600 so they don't need to worry about whether or not those move.

This is a really super weird statement. I see what you're saying. I also see that you might be hurting yourself by pressing it if the demand isn't high enough. I like and always support your label and buy a ton of releases, but if the demand isn't there and you choose to press it. That's your business decision. People are basically saying they don't want to support him or anything that has to do with him. It doesn't matter whether the music is good or not or if he has been paid up front out of your pocket. They don't want him paid in any way at all. Him getting paid anything then a release selling out would be supporting him because more people, or you, would pay him to press future releases. I don't think the people who have a problem with this want him getting paid at all in any way. I still imagine that this will do okay. He still has a pretty solid fan base that has forgiven him.

I have nothing against this getting pressed. I may even pick up a copy. I'm on the fence. They look really well done. I think this album is okay. Just thought it was a weird statement. :)

Understood and that is totally fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

For anyone who is interested.. these are now live in our webstore

all i know is i'm sure as hell not buying this... but for the record i will support etr when the reel big fish record comes out

RBF is shipping any day from the plant and should be on sale the first or second week in May at the latest. Once they arrive, I will take pictures of how they came out and post an image a few days before they go on sale with details , variant info, price etc...