PO: Rancid - Honor Is All We Know - Hellcat/Epitaph - 10/27/14

Well I've been trying to keep tabs on this release for months now. I can expect a pre-order coming very soon considering it's less than a month and a half until the album comes out. I know this album has been done for quite some time, but if you look at every other release, there is always a summer release date. It seems like there is some sort of update about once a week. 3 weeks ago was the release date, 2 weeks ago an Epitaph catalog number, and last week a UPC. Today I noticed this on the Barnes and Noble website.

"This eighth album from the American indie punk stalwarts is the follow-up to 2009's Let the Dominoes Fall. Produced once again by Epitaph owner and Bad Religion guitarist Brett Gurewitz, the album sees Rancid press on, oblivious to trends, with the loud, raw, snotty, back-to-basics punk approach that has endeared them to their many fans throughout the years."

Curious how accurate this review is. I love Rancid no matter the style they do, but I know a lot of fans would really enjoy a Rancid 2000 feel for their next album.

Curious how accurate this review is. I love Rancid no matter the style they do, but I know a lot of fans would really enjoy a Rancid 2000 feel for their next album.

Not me. I find that one unlistenable. Such a lazy reactionary response to ppl complaining about Life Won't Wait (which has grown on me over the years). Indestrucitble I can't listen to either. I'd like to hear the album they threw away before Brody signed to WB and ditched him for Mr Queens...but Let the Dominoes Fall I was surprised to enjoy. Even though they cross the border into self-parody quite a bit these days.

Now, if it's like Rancid s/t...that is prob my favorite still...

^I think PP learned from the boxset that they should have done something different if they wanted to do something special with Rancid.

Hope they do some 7" singles too. There wasn't any with the LTDF (expect for the CS with an already released song), but they did have the acoustic album as something to add.

Those kinds of press releases are hilarious.  Like "hey, we know everyone likes our old stuff better, so we're gonna pander to them."

That said, I haven't loved anything they've done since Life Won't Wait.  I've liked songs here and there, but they haven't put out a great album in over 15 years.  Yet I'm still excited to hear this.  Because I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

2000 had some great tracks.  I'll just leave it at Radio Havana.

Fucking loved that NOFX split though,  Rancid's version of Bob.  Doesn't get much better than that.

Maybe my favorite split ever. Love that one.

I remember seeing them together around the time that came out and they both played 1-2 covers each which was pretty rad.

Maybe my favorite split ever. Love that one.

I remember seeing them together around the time that came out and they both played 1-2 covers each which was pretty rad.

If you haven't heard it TTB&F also does a ska cover of Bob. Bob is the only song on the split I've seen a video of the band doing live.