FREE: Terrapin VCD Player/Recorder

bamaaudio

Terrapin TX0002 VCD Player/Recorder

I'm giving away an old player that's been sitting around for years. For those who may remember, these had a small niche following in the US for a little while before dvd burners were more widespread (in the early 2000s) and cheaper to buy. Basically, you could watch or record content onto cd-rs, which was also way cheaper at the time compared to blank dvd-rs. Apparently they were very popular in several Asian countries for a number of years. Audio and video quality is predictably really crappy and inferior to dvd. Pretty much on par or slightly better than VHS. And you can only record within the parameters of a cd-r. This is more of a curiosity/nostalgia piece than anything since dvd and blu burners are far superior and more practical today.

I tested it to see if it powers on and it still does. I haven't tried to make any discs or anything and don't plan to, so it's pretty much an 'as is' giveaway. Remote is included, as is a detachable power cord.

FREE + shipping. I'll weigh for both UPS and USPS and pass on the options based on zip code.

DSCN0548.jpg
DSCN0547.jpg