RSD: MGMT - ORACULAR SPECTACULAR -LTD- by Music on Vinyl

Limited RSD Edition of MGMT - ORACULAR SPECTACULAR by Music On Vinyl

It's a limited issue of only 1500 numbered copies!

So far i have seen only available at amazon and NewOnVinyl.com 

Prices:
Amazon: 36,72 pound = 44,60 euro = 61,70 dollar (ex shipping costs)

New On Vinyl: 17,25 pound = 20,95 euro =  28,98 dollar (ex shipping costs)

New On Vinyl Outside EU -21 % Tax discount:
14,25 pound = 17,31 euro = 23.94 dollar  (ex shipping costs)

Links:

New On Vinyl: http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/mgmt-oracular-spectacular-rsd-2014.html

Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00116GHMM/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

I bought the US RSD remaster that was /7000 or something.

First time I've owned a copy of this album on vinyl but have played it digitally a thousand times over the years since it's been released. Let me tell you, the remaster is like listening to a completely different album. The sound on this (and Congratulations) is absolutely stunning. Feels like a different mix too. If you're on the fence about these albums, highly recommend taking the plunge.

I bought the US RSD remaster that was /7000 or something.

First time I've owned a copy of this album on vinyl but have played it digitally a thousand times over the years since it's been released. Let me tell you, the remaster is like listening to a completely different album. The sound on this (and Congratulations) is absolutely stunning. Feels like a different mix too. If you're on the fence about these albums, highly recommend taking the plunge.

You've just settled it, this is what I'm spinning today.

Are the Music on Vinyl version and the US RSD versions different, or are they the same remaster? 

that's what I was thinking.  maybe it was a typo?

anyway I'm glad I grabbed this.  I've been wanting this album for a while and I'm glad I waited.  Also glad it was still at my fave record store almost a week after rsd

So Rough Trade has a list... http://www.roughtrade.com/search/anamanaguchi

I don't like them though they're misleading and inconsistent with their stock but if you're desperate you might find something. They have Grateful Dead and claim it's out of /500 or they're saying they'll only get 500 which is a bunch but yeah in case anyone reads that there are 7900 copies in the world

I have the new OS. Based on what I've heard, and backed up by my own listening....

--The OP came out very cheaply at the same time as the original album. List price was around $16, 120-gram (140-gram?) vinyl, with a pressing that basically sounded like they took the CD mix and dumped it on vinyl. Better than the CD, but not by much.

--The RSD version has been completely remixed and remastered just for vinyl. Pressing is on 180-gram vinyl inside a nice protective sleeve. (The original picture sleeve is also included.) Flat, quiet vinyl... Fantastic sound.

Of all the things I picked up for RSD (including VU and Chvrches), this was the biggest surprise in terms of sound quality. I suspect the Otis mono press beats it... but it's honestly one of the best RSD items for pure listening. I assume the MOV pressing is the same one, but for Europe, although I can't be sure... But either way it's not too hard to find at a reasonable price.

I have the new OS. Based on what I've heard, and backed up by my own listening....

--The OP came out very cheaply at the same time as the original album. List price was around $16, 120-gram (140-gram?) vinyl, with a pressing that basically sounded like they took the CD mix and dumped it on vinyl. Better than the CD, but not by much.

--The RSD version has been completely remixed and remastered just for vinyl. Pressing is on 180-gram vinyl inside a nice protective sleeve. (The original picture sleeve is also included.) Flat, quiet vinyl... Fantastic sound.

Of all the things I picked up for RSD (including VU and Chvrches), this was the biggest surprise in terms of sound quality. I suspect the Otis mono press beats it... but it's honestly one of the best RSD items for pure listening. I assume the MOV pressing is the same one, but for Europe, although I can't be sure... But either way it's not too hard to find at a reasonable price.

Yeah, I ended up buying both of the RSD versions simply because I've been meaning to grab a copy of both albums on vinyl for years and just hadn't gotten around to it. Had no idea both were remastered from the original analog tapes. Got a bit excited when I found out that they were and even more excited when I spun them both for the first time.

These are both well worth the money if you're a fan of both albums. So awesome hearing Siberian Breaks at this level of sound quality. Both albums have become an entirely new listening experience for me.

As far as "best of RSD" in terms of the sound quality department, I've heard the LCD boxset is also utterly amazing. One person I read even went so far to call it "the best sounding vinyl release they've purchased since the resurgance in vinyl started". Bold statement. Looking forward to my copy arriving.