Taking offers on 1K+ records: Tests, punk, jazz, rock, metal, soul, hardcore, etc

somethingvinyl

I'm now taking offers on my personal collection. I don't do this ever, and there's a reason: I love my records. I'm in a bind financially and want to sell some stuff to help cover expenses. I will only sell until I've made enough and then I will end the sale.

Please do research and offer close to what it goes for on ebay. These aren't things I want to sell, so please understand while this is urgent, I'm not desperate. If I have doubles of something, I'm more willing to sell. There's a couple things I won't sell (FSF - The Moon Is Down, STD - Through Being Cool, etc), unless the offer is ridiculously good. 

Take a look and make me some offers!

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/somethingvinyl

Typical VC sale thread...

"Send offers..."

"How much??"

Pretty sure I looked in your latest sale thread and it read something like this:

Looking to charge up my Paypal. Please send offers on the following items:

1975, The 1975, The 2 X 12" 180 Gram Milky Clear / 1st Press Polydor

All Pigs Must Die Silencer 7" Black / 1st Press /500 Nonbeliever

Baroness First & Second 12" Brown / 3rd Press /750 Hyperrealist

Behemoth Ezkaton 4 X 7" Picture Discs with CD Digipack / 1st Press #465/2000 Metal Blade

Birds In Row You, Me And The Violence 12" Opaque Yellow / 1st Press /300 Deathwish

Blink 182 Blink 182 2 X 12” 180 Gram White Side D Etching / 3rd Press /250 Mightier Than Sword

Blood Brothers, The Burn Piano Island, Burn 12" Opaque Yellow / 10th Press /524 Second Nature

Blood Brothers, The Crimes 12" Pink/White Mix / 6th Press /524 Second Nature

Blood Brothers, The Young Machetes 2 X 12” Light Blue / 2nd Press /361 Second Nature

Brand New Your Favorite Weapon 12" White / 10th Anniversary Reissue /2000 Triple Crown

Bring Me The Horizon Shadow Moses 10" Black with Side B Etching / 1st Press /1000 Epitaph

Code Orange Kids Love is Love//Return To Dust 12" Opaque Orange / 1st Press /728 Deathwish

Converge – Napalm Death Split 7" Hot Yellow / 1st Press /1049 Deathwish

These aren't thing I want to sell. But if someone will pay me something close to ebay for some things, I'd unload it. You can understand not having the time to price near 1K records.

so youre wanting higher than retail for most of this stuff? or as you said, 'close to ebay prices?'

Just depends on what it is. Something like a test, I would want a good, perhaps above ebay price. Other things, as long as it's ballpark. 

In other words, don't offer me $100 for my first press Velvet Underground & Nico.

also maybe some people really donnt realize what a first edition lp thats been repressed a ton of times is worth. idk i find it easier with prices but i get not having time to price things. i just think its easier to get a ballpark of what someone wants for something before i look like an idiot. haha

I was hoping to help you, but you seem a little intimidating...

Haha. Well, I'll take it as a compliment. 

It's really easy, guys. If it's rare, pay me what it's "worth" (which is subjective, which is why ebay can be a tool).  

I promise, I'm really easy to deal with. I've been into records 15+ years. 

also maybe some people really donnt realize what a first edition lp thats been repressed a ton of times is worth. idk i find it easier with prices but i get not having time to price things. i just think its easier to get a ballpark of what someone wants for something before i look like an idiot. haha

That's understandable in some situations. But if you don't know the allure of a first pressing of VU & Nico, you're missing out on some interesting history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Velvet_Underground_%26_Nico

oh yeah i was thinking of a different album. with the sticker still attached that must be woth a lot.

Condition matters, which mine is VG++. It would go between $300-400. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=velvet+underground+sticker+torso+lp&_ipg=200&_sadis=10&_sop=1&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=velvet+underground+sticker+torso+lp&_sacat=0