Self Defense Family-Infinite Releases Thread

Wear it with a clean pair of black jeans and nice Chelsea boots. Remember to floss, and comb your hair. Impress your neighbors. Get that phone number from the person you've been pining over. Make history.

Do you Garfeelme?

Edited by jvphotoandvideo

6 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

There was a code? I just thought that everything they added to the collection "Record Store Day 2017" had the sale applied. (If you look at the bottom of the release store page it has tags).

RSD2017 for 20% off your order.  Seemed to apply to everything I ordered except for that SDF 12".  Guessing it won't work for those LP and 7" bundles either.

Just now, jonrawks said:

RSD2017 for 20% off your order.  Seemed to apply to everything I ordered except for that SDF 12".  Guessing it won't work for those LP and 7" bundles either.

..... is Deathwish cool about updating orders like that? I thought everything looked moderately on sale so I just went with it. 

43 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

..... is Deathwish cool about updating orders like that? I thought everything looked moderately on sale so I just went with it. 

Not sure on that.  Their customer service has always been great for me, but I've never tried to use a code after the fact.  No harm in trying.

38 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Not sure on that.  Their customer service has always been great for me, but I've never tried to use a code after the fact.  No harm in trying.

They were awesome and refunded the difference already. Will definitely go and buy some TA or SDF releases from them again to thank them. Speaking of which, anyone got opinions on what SDF releases I should start listening to understand them? I keep hearing singles and enjoy them, but given how many releases they have, it gets confusing.

12 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

They were awesome and refunded the difference already. Will definitely go and buy some TA or SDF releases from them again to thank them. Speaking of which, anyone got opinions on what SDF releases I should start listening to understand them? I keep hearing singles and enjoy them, but given how many releases they have, it gets confusing.

The first thing I heard from them that really hooked me was the You Are Beneath Me LP from when they were still called End of a Year. I would say just try out some of their full lengths and then branch out to the singles and splits. They really don't have any bad songs imo. 

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

definitely start with the end of a year records and go from there.  My favorite still is sincerely. 

22 hours ago, jamescandeletta said:

The first thing I heard from them that really hooked me was the You Are Beneath Me LP from when they were still called End of a Year. I would say just try out some of their full lengths and then branch out to the singles and splits. They really don't have any bad songs imo. 

You Are Beneath Me was the one that hooked me too.  You Are Beneath Her is an excellent companion to that record as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 0:28 PM, IronPier said:

Hey guys, we're putting a bunch of SDF and related records and merch on sale for the next week. Check it out: http://ironpier.limitedrun.com/categories/artist-self-defense-family

wow $1 for that german industrial ballads tape, I'm not a tape guy but if I didn't have every release you have on sale I'd package it with something. Maybe ill grab a shirt if larges are still around come payday