Self Defense Family-Infinite Releases Thread

well god dammit I didn't expect something limited to 14 to last an hour but I was hoping there were going to be more quantity of the alt cover. I dunno I may just wait and get the retail version of the new 7", I don't need the photo book and clear and white don't really thrill me. Maybe ill go through deathwish for the red

Kind of seems slow to me as well, but I think it's more so that the pace slowed down a bit in the later half of this year than anything else. Seemed like they were just pumping out releases during the first half of 2015.

They will probably sneak in 3 more releases before the end of the year. You watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of this band (don't hate em, they just don't do much for me). But my friends are puting out a split 12" with them soon(ish). They rip and I'm not sure if their full length or this split is coming out first. But I'm stoked that they'll get some exposure. Look for their split with Null. It's going to be rad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

lol tumblr excerpts it's going to be a busy year

Anonymous asked: I keep reading about all your new records and all I can think is "Shut up and take my money!". Please keep producing material as fast as possible.

Producing a ton of material is part of our plan to push out the poor from our listenership. 

We hate poor people.

Anonymous asked: What else is in the pipeline for 2016? The Superior 12" EP? The Run for Cover 12" EP? The Liva At the BBC 7"? The Long Island single? The Dog Knight 7"? The Jesus of Nazareth 7"? The Selections From Persecution 7"? The Fat Sandwich Holiness Church of the Valley split 7"? The 12" Split on Trible B?

I listed them a couple days ago, I think. 

Tests for the split with Null just got approved by Protagonist. 

Run For Cover EP, Superior, has a Feb release date. 

We recorded two songs with our dude Jon Markson and gave those to Graveface for a split 12″. But, we haven’t decided with who. 

6131 had a 12″ EP, but wouldn’t agree to the album art. So, we’re taking that material elsewhere and giving them a different record next month. They were cool about it. 

Deathwish has Live on the BBC and Australia to put out at some point. 

Bad Paintings Records, who did the German Industrial Ballads cassette for us, is doing a 12″ EP of ours for Record Store Day. They’re waiting on test presses now. 

Vinyl delays have pushed back Anybody’s Flowers schedule real hard, but I’m sitting on a sick home-recorded single. 

Andrew says he’s written Duets 2, but I’ll believe it when I hear it. 

Gotta get Dog Knight done, but it’s practically a sound/format experiment, instead of a record, so that shit is taking forever. 

I dunno. Prolly forgetting some stuff.

I just got caught up on 2015 stuff, and bought "when the barn caves", "talia/taxying" and the Loss Leader 7" from deathwish. Think I'm missing 7 releases as SDF and most of the EOAY stuff (I have you are beneath me, s/t 7" and I heard crime gets you off"). If anyone has extras or releases they aren't feeling that they want to trade let me know

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/100056

SELF DEFENSE FAMILY
SUPERIOR

100056.jpg

On the new four-song EP, 'Superior', Self Defense Family presents some of its darkest material to date. Themed around the movement to make the Upper Peninsula the 51st state, this is cold winds over permafrost. This is Christian Death meets Death In June meets Death meets actual loss of life. It's Killing Joke in their Iceland apocalypse phase. If you could mainline 'bummer' this would be it. Captured by Taylor Young at The Pit (Twitching Tongues, Rotting Out) for maximum gloom.

SELF DEFENSE FAMILY
SUPERIOR

100056.jpg

On the new four-song EP, 'Superior', Self Defense Family presents some of its darkest material to date. Themed around the movement to make the Upper Peninsula the 51st state, this is cold winds over permafrost. This is Christian Death meets Death In June meets Death meets actual loss of life. It's Killing Joke in their Iceland apocalypse phase. If you could mainline 'bummer' this would be it. Captured by Taylor Young at The Pit (Twitching Tongues, Rotting Out) for maximum gloom.

oh snap, preorders should be pretty soon I'd imagine through RFC

SELF DEFENSE FAMILY
SUPERIOR

100056.jpg

v sick