Self Defense Family-Infinite Releases Thread

I'm glad I've finally snagged all the older SDF stuff, it's much easier not having to play catchup and keep up with new releases.  I've still got a lot of EoY material to work on getting though...

I bought the /100 variant of Sincerely on a whim when it was on preorder because they were local. That was a lucky grab. BUT they've been talking about rereleasing it and Patrick said something on tumblr last week about their being an announcement soon.

I still need like 4 of the EOAY 7"s to complete my collection though. 3 SDF 7"s too. Shits tough.

I bought the /100 variant of Sincerely on a whim when it was on preorder because they were local. That was a lucky grab. BUT they've been talking about rereleasing it and Patrick said something on tumblr last week about their being an announcement soon.

I still need like 4 of the EOAY 7"s to complete my collection though. 3 SDF 7"s too. Shits tough.

Deathwish has hinted pretty heavily about a Sincerely reissue, I'd be surprised if we didn't see it sometime soon.

It took me a while to track down some of the SDF stuff, that Fires split was damn elusive for a while (I managed to get one off a member of Fires actually).

Only one I have yet to find is the Fire Team Charlie split.

Only one I have yet to find is the Fire Team Charlie split.

These were in just about every TXHC distro in 2008/2009 (since Fire Team Charlie is/was Houston based). I'm convinced that like 70% of the copies of this record were sold at random texas hardcore shows and are sitting forgotten in the back of people's collections. I bought my copy on a whim for $4 from Posi Rich's distro at a La Quiete show.

Might not be the most appropriate place to post this but here I go. I've always been so fascinated by this band and the amount of music they put out and they have my utmost respect for that. Yet I feel so turned off on their music for that reason of so many records out out. I've heard a few songs here and there and some were enjoyable and some didn't catch my attention. Skipping to the point, I want to get into this band, but don't know where to start in their endless catalog. Could someone recommend me their music, starting from their most accessible so I can get a good feel for them?

They've changed a lot over the years and even their releases this year all feel different from one another. I'd say their Island Series 7"s from Deathwish are a good place to start. All three of their full lengths are awesome and completely different. A good portion, if not all, of their releases are up on spotify if you want to check out stuff before buying it.

There is a nice chunk, but it's largely incomplete. Virtually none of the 7"s minus the Deathwish stuff. 

Searching for individual songs on youtube works for some of the stuff. I know Pat has said Deathwish has talked with them about centralizing their digital catalog but masters don't exist anymore for a lot of stuff.

Hardest one to find after the fact, without question. Good luck!

Got a notification for one on discogs two days ago and picked it up instantly but still haven't gotten an invoice from the seller. Not the first time this happens with this record for me either. Haha. Everything else I get on discogs goes smoothly.

Got a notification for one on discogs two days ago and picked it up instantly but still haven't gotten an invoice from the seller. Not the first time this happens with this record for me either. Haha. Everything else I get on discogs goes smoothly.

I went to grab that one too but it'd gone in the split second from email to discogs!