Reissue: Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

I had the 4 LP set and never listened to it, so I sold it but if I could score this for a really decent price I'll pick it up. Although for some reason, this album just sounds better while driving. 

i agree.  i think that a few albums work much better on cd/ipod than vinyl.  flipping a record every three or four songs can really mess up the flow.

I love the 4LP boxes, but I managed to get them for cheap. As is the case with those thing, I don't often listen to the extras but it's fun every now and again. I just can't wait for them to get to repressing Evol and Sister. I put off getting those for so long due to the price that now they're pretty hard to find. Also hope this leads to Experimental...., Washing Machine, and NYC.... getting reissued soon as well.

I don't think I ever paid more than $35 for any of the 4LP boxes, which I think is a great deal.  I can understand not wanting the extras (I'm happy to have them). and it's cool this is getting a regular reissue.

I'd love to see Washing Machine get a reissue of some kind (preferably a box), that damn album keeps getting more expensive every time I look.

Wow. The eBay prices for sister, evol, etc, are absurd! I had no idea! They were all just reissued by org not that long ago and there were a lot of these pressed back in the 80's. Well, I hope these do get repressed to combat the crazy prices.

I've been kicking myself for not picking them up when they got reissued last time.  Never would have guessed they'd have jumped up like that.

Wow. The eBay prices for sister, evol, etc, are absurd! I had no idea! They were all just reissued by org not that long ago and there were a lot of these pressed back in the 80's. Well, I hope these do get repressed to combat the crazy prices.

I had no idea they were expensive. I bought the ORG Sister from my friend for $5 yesterday. I will definitely be getting this to complete my collection of the only listenable Sonic Youth studio albums.

The 4LP set is awesome.

I don't get how you can like the album, but don't want a live version and some great covers too.

-Not as easy to pull a record out of a box as it is to pull it out of a sleeve, plus it's easier to organize in your collection.

-Don't care for live recordings.

-I'm fine with not having B-sides on vinyl, generally speaking they're of such varied quality and not as cohesive as an album. I'd rather just have them digitally and choose the ones I like best and make playlists or whatever.

-I can't really listen to that much Sonic Youth at once.

-It's cheaper.