Gotham (TV series on Fox)

it's a tv series, not a movie. 

great q&a with the showrunner: http://www.slashfilm.com/gotham-burning-questions/

trailer for those who haven't seen it yet: 

Interesting, according to IMDB it says a TV movie.  I didn't see anything about episodes there, but either way I'll be checking it out.

After the Shield debacle i plan to be cautious with super hero based realities that essentially ignore super heroes. I love Batman but i won't let my heart be broken by a missed opportunity. Proceeding cautiously and want it to be awesome.

My question: why not go the Gotham Central route? Gritty crime drama based in the reality of the streets but with the specter of The Bat always looming?

Cool, hopefully it's as well done as the Nolan movies.

I don't think it'll pan out to be anything like a Nolan film, a series stretched across some months will mean it'll be slow and steady... Plus I don't think we'll be seeing any Keysi fighting methods, which for me was a key signature of Nolans Batman that stands out vs any other. I'm excited for this though! I thought at the end of the trailer (this was flashed on FaceBook "trending" about 2-3 days ago as well when I first saw it) thought the trailer was going to end with, "Before blah blah blah, Bruce Wayne & villains etc, there was... Jim Gordon." but instead it said Gotham haha stupid me