Lovedrug - Pretend You're Alive

On 12/1/2015 at 0:38 PM, jewfro said:

yeah they're gonna press "enough" for the people that pledged.  i feel bad for the people the pledged when they end up selling the balance of the vinyl afterwards for less.

Do you have any lottery numbers for me?

Edited by highfives

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 6:36 AM, jonnystorm777 said:

I bought it for $50, got it the other day. Sounds great. But it's just a normal double Lp. Nothing special, not even any inserts. Glad I have it. I love that some suckers paid $100 for it. that is great.

pot calling the kettle black, eh? $100 buyers are suckers, but so are $50 buyers. you are just a lesser sucker, but a sucker nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, jrodan said:

pot calling the kettle black, eh? $100 buyers are suckers, but so are $50 buyers. you are just a lesser sucker, but a sucker nonetheless.

I would gladly pay $50 for a record I love. The suckers are the ones who paid $100. quit trolling.

3 minutes ago, jonnystorm777 said:

I would gladly pay $50 for a record I love. The suckers are the ones who paid $100. quit trolling.

I don't see how loving the record changes the fact that you paid wayyyyy more than you should for a barebones press of an album. and if your argument is that you got a record you love for $50, then what makes you different than someone who paid $100 for a record they love? you both paid more than you should for a barebones press of the record you love. you being a dick to those who paid $100 makes it clear you are missing the point.

Edited by jrodan

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

yes, but when judged against one's love of the record, how can that make a difference. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for a new record, so they paid 100% more than I would. see what moving the goal posts does? @rogeoa8

yes. and i love the mars volta. i paid between $50-100 for most of their albums... but i wouldnt have paid $100-200... i would WAIT until reasonable options become available. to say there is no difference is to say we are each playing with infinite monay.

IaHHkwC.jpg

4 hours ago, jrodan said:

right, so you are imposing your own personal preference on others and saying those that don't do things the way you do financially are suckers. if you can't see how absurd that is, well then I don't know what to tell you. @rogeoa8

My God, you are such a troll.

I agree with jonnystorm777Jimmarcucci, and rogeoa8$50 is half of $100. I can also see how it may be a bit difficult for people to afford. I personally love this album and have no problem picking it up for $50. Sure, this could have easily been $25-$30 shipped. Shirts at shows could also easily be a lot less than $20 but I always buy to support. Is the profit they are making going to really enhance their lifestyle, probably not at this level. These guys barely play shows anymore. Anyway, I've met these guys a few times and helped them out when they had their PledgeMusic campaign. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-13%20at%208.49.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
10 minutes ago, highfives said:

So there are 25 copies of this left.  Still priced high but they’re including other merch too.  They sent me 5 CDs.

Was just thinking about this the other day and wondering if it was still in stock. With their pricing and how it was handled when it was originally pressed, not surprised to see it still not sold out. Fantastic album too. Might finally grab if it comes with some extra goodies.

39 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Was just thinking about this the other day and wondering if it was still in stock. With their pricing and how it was handled when it was originally pressed, not surprised to see it still not sold out. Fantastic album too. Might finally grab if it comes with some extra goodies.

The dude officially disbanded the band (or so they say), so it’s pretty certain this will be the only chance to pick these up.

As shitty as they were about this whole deal, the LP, the support-the-band thing, the response to people being pissed, there’s a good chance we’ll never see more of these.  So I ate some words and nabbed one.

$50 shipped and they threw in Everything Starts Where it Ends, Everything Starts... EP, EP 1, EP 2, and EP 3 on CD and there’s unlimited streaming on Bandcamp.   It doesn’t make up for the stand-in members being douchebags, but still.

• 4 years later...