Lovedrug - Pretend You're Alive

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love this record, there's literally zero chance I'm paying $100 for it.  They would have to include like, their entire discography on vinyl and an OTPHJ for me to pay that much - not just some "rare b-sides" and their forgettable new record as a digital download. 

fixed

Their logic isn't helping either...

maybe you misunderstand... There's a lot more than a couple of digital downloads. For your pledge of $100 you receive a double LP on vinyl(a very expensive endeavor), an entire 17 track deluxe edition album download that no one else will hear, 4 bonus tracks on the LP which you also get to download immediately And because we care about our fans we are making a special poster, signing it and sending it to you to say thank you. In all that's 34 tracks of music and a double vinyl with limited edition artwork and a poster. $100 is a very modest price to cover all that. Also, keep in mind we are doing all of this in house. It's a lot of work but we do it because we love making music and we love our fans. Thanks for being one. Cheers.

Caleb Mauro $100 for a double LP, a couple digital downloads, and a poster? Are you kidding? Way to price gouge your fans.

Justin McCormick Vinyl is expensive, but not $40,000 expensive. I have a hard time believing they'll get 400 people to buy this.

11745834_10153026517674632_9184454981610

Lovedrug Caleb, maybe you misunderstand... There's a lot more than a couple of digital downloads. For your pledge of $100 you receive a double LP on vinyl(a very expensive endeavor), an entire 17 track deluxe edition album download that no one else will hear, 4bonus tracks on the LP which you also get to download immediately And because we care about our fans we are making a special poster, signing it and sending it to you to say thank you. In all that's 34 tracks of music and a double vinyl with limited edition artwork and a poster. $100 is a very modest price to cover all that. Also, keep in mind we are doing all of this in house. It's a lot of work but we do it because we love making music and we love our fans. Thanks for being one. Cheers.

Hey everybody, there’s been a few comments about the pricing of the vinyl. Please understand that what you are paying for is not only a double vinyl. What you are receiving is a 17 track double LP of Pretend You’re Alive with never before heard bonus tracks. You’re also getting a 17 track deluxe digital edition of our new album Notions with never before heard remixes, and a limited edition signed poster. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, your purchase is making it possible for us to tour again in 2016. Production of all of these items that we are putting together has been done in house and it is very expensive. Also, going on the road is very expensive and we can’t do it without the support of our fans. We put this package together to work directly with you, so that we can continue making music and get back on the road again. Thanks so much for your support. Love, LD

another message they just posted on FB

Someone is actually sitting somewhere truly believing that offering a bunch of extra shit that no one asked for into a bundle is a legitimate justification to treat their fans as a cushion for their own financial fuck-ups.

Ha ha. There's no way I will be buying this even if it is offered for a reasonable price.