Hum - Downward is Heavenward Reissue

58 minutes ago, ethereal said:

idk why this gets so much hate, my white/green copy sounds exactly like my digital version. yea it’s no audiophile pressing but it’s far from bad imo

Same.  i have standard black SRC press (originally had the solid white and THAT one had a lot of surface noise that i hated).  the black copy i have though sounds great imo.  Hard to say how it stacks up to an OG press though as i've never heard the OG press.

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

idk why this gets so much hate, my white/green copy sounds exactly like my digital version. yea it’s no audiophile pressing but it’s far from bad imo

The 2016 repress I have is full of pops and static, maybe I have to get a 2013 pressing

Edited by hyperg1ant
double post

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

Same. I A/B'd my white copy with my CD and the audio quality is virtually identical… which is why I don't bother putting the LP on anymore. 

On 3/2/2018 at 7:49 PM, throwgncpr said:

The OG sounds amazeballs. Just sayin.

Yup. B)

I remember recording my copy of the OG black press of YPAA on a nice maxell high bias tape, and cranking that shit while driving in my late 90s Nissan Sentra.

That kick drum just sounded like it was hitting me in the chest...

Analog :wub:

• 5 months later...

Yeah, we've been waiting for forever about this.  As i recall the last news was that Matt received TPs and wasn't satisfied with it and was going to have it reworked but that was a couple years ago i believe.  no matter, i hope this rumor is right, i need this album in my collection yesterday.  also definitely interested in some new Hum music.

• 3 weeks later...

End of November, 180 gram, 3 b-sides included.

http://www.earthanalogrecords.com/category/blog-posts/

9/19/18
Hi friends. Been a minute. Wanted you to know that our Downward is Heavenward re-issue is currently in production at RTI in CA. I expect to have records here at my house at the end of November. I haven’t set an official release date yet, but it should be sometime in November. I know you have waited a long time for this. I’m sorry. I checked out for a few years. I’m kinda back. I think you’ll like the reissue. I hope so, anyway. It was cut from analog masters and includes three b-sides. Double album. 180 gram. And Jay Ryan is currently working on an accompanying poster. Yummy. Check back here for more info. I’ll be around. From time to time. Sort of.

Edited by highfives

Latest News

9/19/18
Hi friends. Been a minute. Wanted you to know that our Downward is Heavenward re-issue is currently in production at RTI in CA. I expect to have records here at my house at the end of November. I haven’t set an official release date yet, but it should be sometime in November. I know you have waited a long time for this. I’m sorry. I checked out for a few years. I’m kinda back. I think you’ll like the reissue. I hope so, anyway. It was cut from analog masters and includes three b-sides. Double album. 180 gram. And Jay Ryan is currently working on an accompanying poster. Yummy. Check back here for more info. I’ll be around. From time to time. Sort of.

It's coming!