Are You Still A Flaming Lips Fan?

So I've started my Flaming Lips collection last year and recently met Wayne @ one of his record store signings. It's kind of a tough pill to swallow but I'm not too sure I could continue support of the Flaming Lips. He did defend himself though through Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/wayne-coyne-fires-back-at-pathological-liar-kliph-scurlock-20140509) But I mean, I'm just so out of whack can't believe someone who preaches love defended a blatant racist.

Not saying I 100% believe every thing Kliph has said about the mockery of Native Americans but if that holds true, that's pure disgusting. http://pitchfork.com/news/55030-kliph-scurlock-says-he-was-fired-from-flaming-lips-for-standing-up-to-wayne-coynes-friends-racism/

What does hold as fact, is that Wayne defended Christina Fallin [http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/05/02/christina-fallin-her-own-words-im-tired-misinformation-154690]  (who never apologized just said she didn't know it was offensive) by posting that Instagram of even more people and a dad wearing the good ol' headdress. It's pure mockery and pretty sure I can no longer support the Lips, I'm wanting to know where you stand on the subject?

I read a bit of Kliph's resignation and it seems like Wayne is a control freak and the reason for the band. ( I know nothing about them, so hopefully I don't come out ignorant ).

If you get upset by racism and prejudice, and you have a friend who is a culprit of such, you've got to speak up and let him know that he can't say shit like that.  I'm not saying Kliph should have, but I guess that in general, the people in the band don't care enough.

I can relate in that people shit talk Jesse all the time, but it doesn't make me dislike Brand New or think of the band as less.  Him, sure, he's a homewrecker and it's a fucking pity, but I'm not going to let me not enjoy something I like because of it.

Wayne Coyne is the worst. Not just from the recent stuff but in general. I probably would have given up on this band long ago if I liked them and things like that mattered to me. I listen to Burzum, so who am I to talk?

That whole Mary fallins daughter thing happened in my town. I really really like the flaming lips but I'm half kiowa and it's very disrespectful towards my people. All natives really. I don't know how to feel about it. I'm kind of torn. I feel like if I disassociated from everything that was disrespectful towards me then I would have a miserable life. At the same time it's so fucked up. Especially since this wasn't the first time fallin's daughter has pulled a stunt like this towards us.

I don't know but it's just soooo fucked.

didn't he go to an airport with a grenade because he forgot he had it?

how do you forget that???

my friends recorded at his house and he's apparently really nice but then my other friend who was there with them said he's an asshole.  IDk i've never been a huge fan.  I'm not going to spend money on their records but I won't say no if someone want to listen to them or gives me a record of if they are playing a show where another band I love is playing.

He did defend himself though through Rolling Stone

He's not very good at it. I don't listen to or follow this band but this is pretty classic

Jim DeRogatis, this writer that actually wrote a book about us, went on a rant about how much he hates us now. I guess it has something to do with the way that I've become more famous, or whatever.

Mayor B is an Instagram dog. And he wears everything. He only wears things that obviously his owners must think are cool. One of them is a John Lennon New York shirt with glasses. I don't think Mayor B is saying, "Look how stupid and hateful I am" to John Lennon. I got the feeling that Mayor B was wearing [the headdress] for the same reasons that Gwen Stefani or anybody else would wear it, because it's cool-looking.

I read a bit of Kliph's resignation and it seems like Wayne is a control freak and the reason for the band. ( I know nothing about them, so hopefully I don't come out ignorant ).

If you get upset by racism and prejudice, and you have a friend who is a culprit of such, you've got to speak up and let him know that he can't say shit like that.  I'm not saying Kliph should have, but I guess that in general, the people in the band don't care enough.

I can relate in that people shit talk Jesse all the time, but it doesn't make me dislike Brand New or think of the band as less.  Him, sure, he's a homewrecker and it's a fucking pity, but I'm not going to let me not enjoy something I like because of it.

Are you refering to the Brooklyn Vegan comment about Derrick? I'm pretty sure thats been proven to be BS

my friends recorded at his house and he's apparently really nice but then my other friend who was there with them said he's an asshole.  IDk i've never been a huge fan.  I'm not going to spend money on their records but I won't say no if someone want to listen to them or gives me a record of if they are playing a show where another band I love is playing.

I lived in Norman for two years and have worked for The Norman Music Festival for 3 years now and its very sporadic on how Wayne is. Talk to him one day he's a super chill dude. Talk to him another time and he's a complete ass. It seems everyone I have talked to about him feels the same way..

wayne is not an asshole, just.. special. anyway we enjoy his music, they give awesome shows, he loves the fans and is fucking good to them. he didnt kill or rape anyone. some overly PC fucks got mad at the feather hat for shitty reasons because they have no life, humor or decent judgement. whats there to be pissed about? the other band mates seem ok with all of this. just dont join his band