Are You Still A Flaming Lips Fan?

I didn't mean to hijack thread about jesse, oops!

wayne is not an asshole, just.. special. anyway we enjoy his music, they give awesome shows, he loves the fans and is fucking good to them. he didnt kill or rape anyone. some overly PC fucks got mad at the feather hat for shitty reasons because they have no life, humor or decent judgement. whats there to be pissed about? the other band mates seem ok with all of this. just dont join his band

false statements you've made

- you need to kill or rape someone to be an asshole

- having no life, humor, or decent judgement are reasons to get upset about racism and prejudice

- racism is not something to pissed about, ESPECIALLY if other people who are important get pissed about it

- special people are racist

- if you're famous and you love your fans, it's okay to kick someone out of your band who isn't racist

true, thoughtful & intelligent statements you've made

-

facts I have derived from your post

- you're an asshole

- you're a piece of shit

- you idolize wayne

- you would pardon someone for being racist if they are famous

I didn't mean to hijack thread about jesse, oops!

false statements you've made

- you need to kill or rape someone to be an asshole

- having no life, humor, or decent judgement are reasons to get upset about racism and prejudice

- racism is not something to pissed about, ESPECIALLY if other people who are important get pissed about it

- special people are racist

- if you're famous and you love your fans, it's okay to kick someone out of your band who isn't racist

true, thoughtful & intelligent statements you've made

-

facts I have derived from your post

- you're an asshole

- you're a piece of shit

- you idolize wayne

- you would pardon someone for being racist if they are famous

^^yes!! Very well said!

• 1 year later...

I've kind of moved on from The Lips. It has nothing to do with his personality - I don't really follow what comments he has and hasn't made. I just can't keep up with all these random collaborations and lately I haven't enjoyed their shows like I once did. Don't get me wrong, they still put on a good show, but I miss the light hearted party atmosphere their shows used to be. I can still enjoy the music they've made, but honestly, I doubt I'd be excited if they were to release a new record.

I never got into this band because their catalog of relases always seemed very convoluted and taxing. I'd rather nap.

Also I hear their singer is a shitbag and most of their music is jammy noise stuff. Like Phish but weirder. If one were to give this a go where is a good place to start?

Yoshimi battles the pink robots" is what got me into them.

My wife really likes The Soft Bulletin

I like the Lips, but not enough where I need to have or even keep track of their work outside of their full lengths. At one point, I might have been interested, but not now.

sames. I actually haven't really cared about anything since At War With the Mystics. Couldn't tell you if they've even come out with anything since then.

sames. I actually haven't really cared about anything since At War With the Mystics. Couldn't tell you if they've even come out with anything since then.

I thought The Terror was pretty solid, a nice mix of weird Lips and newer Lips.

I really liked Embryonic. I haven't given The Terror much attention though.

• 1 year later...

Question for The Flaming Lips fans. 

Do ALL vinyl copies of 'The Soft Bulletin' have https://youtu.be/y8TEgXhmDYo this version of Buggin, or is it exclusive to the first vinyl pressing (2002). 
I know all pressings have Buggin, but this mix is way different than the CD. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks!!