PO: Phish Fuego 2-LP Orange Vinyl Out 06/24/14

http://piecesofvinylus.blogspot.com/2014/05/phish-fuego-2-lp-orange-vinyl-pre-order.html

From Dry goods:

Limited first pressing on 180g orange vinyl (packaged in a beautiful gatefold sleeve to keep your discs warm), plated and pressed by Furnace MFG with lacquers cut by Bernie Grundman Mastering. Includes a digital download of the album.

Fuego, Phish's first studio album in nearly five years, was recorded in late 2013 in Nashville, TN after a series of writing sessions at The Barn in VT and was produced by Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, Lou Reed, Peter Gabriel). While Fuego's ten new tracks include songs that individual members brought to the table in usual Phish fashion, the bulk of the material was written by all four, working together at The Barn.

Please note - this item is available for pre-order and will ship on or around June 20, 2014.

Tracklist:

Side A

Fuego

The Line

Devotion To A Dream

Side B

Halfway To The Moon

Winterqueen

Sing Monica

Side C

Waiting All Night

Wombat

Wingsuit

• 1 month later...

The entire album is up for streaming here. Listened to it about 10 times through since it's been up. Pretty unbelievable effort in the studio by Phish. Probably my favorite Phish album since Billy Breathes came out almost 20 years ago back in 1996. I've got a feeling this album will help ignite a new era of Phish and help propel them out of sinking towards becoming a nostalgia act. Getting Ezrin involved was a heck of a call.

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/15/320981203/first-listen-phish-fuego

Gonna have to disagree an say it is pretty terrible. The production is pretty good but the songs are just bad and just not intersting at all.

That's what I thought when they debuted everything over Halloween. Hated it.

That said, Phish songs have always been an acquired taste for me. Can't wait for Summer Tour to see how a couple of these monsters develop.

Cannot believe this album is getting so much love over on PT. Literally nothing Phish ever does goes over well on that board. And it's a damn Phish message board, haha.

Since when does anyone ever actually like Phish studio albums? HAHA JK. Glad I preordered on amazon....Phish merch shipping is just outrageous these days! Definitely looking forward to summer tour also to hear the true nature of phish...LIVE! Wait you read PT? Then you definitely have to be a phishposters.com member also right? 

Since when does anyone ever actually like Phish studio albums? HAHA JK. Glad I preordered on amazon....Phish merch shipping is just outrageous these days! Definitely looking forward to summer tour also to hear the true nature of phish...LIVE! Wait you read PT? Then you definitely have to be a phishposters.com member also right?

I'm not a member of phishposters but am on EB under the same handle.

Typically I don't listen to studio Phish albums. I'm sure over time I'll move onto live versions of these songs once they're given some time to evolve and take shape.

This album is really good though, one of their best efforts. Easily Top 5 for me along with Rift, Billy, Junta and SoTG

I'm not a member of phishposters but am on EB under the same handle.

Typically I don't listen to studio Phish albums. I'm sure over time I'll move onto live versions of these songs once they're given some time to evolve and take shape.

This album is really good though, one of their best efforts. Easily Top 5 for me along with Rift, Billy, Junta and SoTG

Ya its growing on me....I didnt get to attend Halloween but did hear it moments afterwards and am glad to hear the studio cuts....now just another week. Im on EB also same handle fyi...been there since the beginning literally! If they would only start releasing albums on vinyl like DMB does and GD I would be all in with credit card waving in hand! Boy that would be the day!

Ya its growing on me....I didnt get to attend Halloween but did hear it moments afterwards and am glad to hear the studio cuts....now just another week. Im on EB also same handle fyi...been there since the beginning literally! If they would only start releasing albums on vinyl like DMB does and GD I would be all in with credit card waving in hand! Boy that would be the day!

I've been using EB as a resource since it's beginning too. Never signed up or even knew there was a forum until 2010.

Rift needs to be pressed

It's ok. Better than Joy, but that doesn't say much. 

I wish Steam made the cut and replaced The Line and Winterqueen. 

Production is nice, tho. 

Devotion To A Dream is my only skip over on the entire album.  I'm sure The Line will become a "piss break" song but I do enjoy the studio cut.  Winterqueen has definitely got a little Sufjan Stevens flavor to it which I dig.  Again, I could see some ambient jamming coming out of it and I do enjoy the studio production but that's also probably destined as "piss break" material.  Steam should have made the album.  Also wish we were getting some kind of "b-sides" bonus 7" or something with our orders.  Maybe iTunes or the Japanese release will have some bonus tracks tacked onto it.

I'm sure it's an insane longshot but anyone going to the Randalls Island shows that could possibly pick me up one of the exclusive vinyl they're releasing there for my Phish vinyl collection?

I might be going. If I go, and they let me buy more than 1, I'll buy extras for any board members who want them. I'll let you know once my plans are more certain.