Fall of Messiah - How to See Beyond Fields (FFO: ITTCT, Giants, Lost in Kiev)

35n678z.jpg

FFO: If These Trees Could Talk, The Pirate Ship Quintet, Giants, Magdalene, Caspian

France's Fall of Messiah released their second full-length album How to See Beyond Fields quietly on March 1st of this year. The album was pressed to 250 copies on black vinyl and is available here.

For the majority of the 41-minute long album, the four-piece is expertly winding through post-rock structures a la Giants and If These Trees Could Talk with tracks ranging from five to nine minutes and interspersed with piano, spoken word, and even a little trumpet here and there. Occasionally, the band will break out in spurts of heaviness much like Suffocate For Fuck Sake and Magdalene and pull it off exceptionally well.

From the label:

"This album sees Fall of Messiah move into a more atmospheric feel, bringing a range of sounds and instruments forward. This album instantly makes me think of a cross between Deafheaven's Instrumental tracks and Caspian. It's very powerful, driving and emotive."

Stream the album here.

Is there any chance of a US distro picking this up? It sounds promising but beyond my current budget.

Probably not. One of my main goals in making this thread (other than to spread this band around) was to hopefully orchestrate some kind of group buy. If there were just 5 people interested, we could be the cost down from $33 apiece to about $26, which isn't too bad.

• 2 months later...