Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

Are there any good record stores around Riot Fest Chicago worth checking out. All the record stores in FL are kinda lame.

It's nowhere near Riot Fest, but my favorite place to go is Record Breakers (at Reggies Rock Club).  It's nothing special or amazing, but they always tend to have a pretty diverse selection there.  It's also my favorite place to go for punk rock vinyl.

It's nowhere near Riot Fest, but my favorite place to go is Record Breakers (at Reggies Rock Club).  It's nothing special or amazing, but they always tend to have a pretty diverse selection there.  It's also my favorite place to go for punk rock vinyl.

Also the only record store that will let you use their bathroom. 

I'm starting the oh-so-fun process of looking for lodging.  If anybody finds a good hotel deal for the weekend, please post it and I will do the same.

Right now my "safety" room is at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel for $109 per night with free cancellation.  I am going to keep looking for a room downtown, but this place is extremely close to the Cumberland parking/CTA blueline stop that I like to use and the price is OK.

I'm starting the oh-so-fun process of looking for lodging.  If anybody finds a good hotel deal for the weekend, please post it and I will do the same.

Right now my "safety" room is at the Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel for $109 per night with free cancellation.  I am going to keep looking for a room downtown, but this place is extremely close to the Cumberland parking/CTA blueline stop that I like to use and the price is OK.

If you want to do it really cheap there are a couple cheap Motels around the Lincoln/Foster area.  If you went that route it's a 1 block walk to Western and the Western bus will take you a couple blocks away from Riot Fest.  Probably the cheapest way IMO. 

If you want to do it really cheap there are a couple cheap Motels around the Lincoln/Foster area.  If you went that route it's a 1 block walk to Western and the Western bus will take you a couple blocks away from Riot Fest.  Probably the cheapest way IMO. 

I'm usually pretty conservative about where I will book a hotel in chicago.  I'm afraid I will wind up in some crack house in a sketchy neighborhood and only save a few $.

I'm usually pretty conservative about where I will book a hotel in chicago.  I'm afraid I will wind up in some crack house in a sketchy neighborhood and only save a few $.

Gotcha, the previous mentioned motels that I brought up are in a good area, but kind of close to a sketchy area as well.  Figured I'd throw it out there as an option.

Ticket purchased and flight booked for Chicago. No way I could pass up this lineup (and TGUK doing STWHA). Going to give https://www.airbnb.com a shot rather than just booking a hotel room.

I am debating doing Toronto as well.

I actually went through Airbnb for Chicago this year...I've done it once before for Austin and it worked out really great. This year we booked an apartment in Chicago for the four of us and it ended up costing about $50/night per person which from what I experienced last year is cheaper than the hotels. Plus it's got a rooftop grill, full kitchen, etc so we figured it would help us out big time considering we will be there for 5 days.

Decided against flying this year, instead rented a super gas-friendly car to drive from Long Island to Chicago. 13 sweet ass hours...

does anyone know when locker rentals are going up for sale? i missed that boat last year and we spent an incredible saves the day set shivering with soaked sneakers & clothing.

You already can reserve them. Here's the link:

http://www.entertainmentlockers.com/riot-fest-music-festival-2014/