Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

Did you get to hang out with The Cure?  Regardless, that is awesome that you had a great time man!

I did my friend, a few people at riot fest, then back to their hotel until about 3am.

Im on the left. Only 2 in this photo, but spent most of the night with rodger the keyboardist. 

tumblr_nbja05EBEH1r8tq5oo1_500.jpg

I'm leaving after the Descendents on Saturday, so early, but not crazy early. Friday, I'll probably take off after Red City Radio.

I know I used to talk shit about them, but you should seriously check out a bit of the National. I saw them earlier this year and it completely changed my mind about them. One of the best live shows I've ever seen. I'll be walking over to double door directly after if you want to meet up. 

I know I used to talk shit about them, but you should seriously check out a bit of the National. I saw them earlier this year and it completely changed my mind about them. One of the best live shows I've ever seen. I'll be walking over to double door directly after if you want to meet up. 

how far is double door from the park? i didn't know it was in walking distance. then again, i don't really know anything about chicago.

I've youtube'd a couple of their songs but I just can't get into it. I've already made arrangements to meet up with the person I'm selling my Sunday ticket to offsite (during the National's set), so I'll keep an eye out for you at the Double Door.

b75e11f508eda5580afe13abd78b32e9.png

This is my tentative schedule, though it's changed about 15 times in the past day. (watch times don't account for travel between stages)

Also most likely grabbing a ticket for the Mineral aftershow Saturday night.

I am most likely going to take advantage of the Chicago Bike Rentals for the weekend (https://www.divvybikes.com/)

The Get Up Kids aftershow is a bit far. (it's south of Humbolt and I am staying north of it)

b75e11f508eda5580afe13abd78b32e9.png

This is my tentative schedule, though it's changed about 15 times in the past day. (watch times don't account for travel between stages)

Also most likely grabbing a ticket for the Mineral aftershow Saturday night.

I am most likely going to take advantage of the Chicago Bike Rentals for the weekend (https://www.divvybikes.com/)

The Get Up Kids aftershow is a bit far. (it's south of Humbolt and I am staying north of it)

if you have get up kids aftershow tickets you don't need,  let me know. i'll trade mineral tickets. 

I wouldn't plan on being able to get a bike at the end of the night. Divvy will probably try to keep them well-stocked, but there are only two small racks by Humboldt Park, and potentially thousands of people in the market for one. You might want to consider catching the blue line train into the loop, switch to the Green line at Clark/Lake, and hop off at Ashland. That'll put you right by Bottom Lounge.

I wouldn't plan on being able to get a bike at the end of the night. Divvy will probably try to keep them well-stocked, but there are only two small racks by Humboldt Park, and potentially thousands of people in the market for one. You might want to consider catching the blue line train into the loop, switch to the Green line at Clark/Lake, and hop off at Ashland. That'll put you right by Bottom Lounge.

Thanks for that bit of info. I also just signed up for Uber and got a $30 credit, so that could definitely come in handy as well.

Thanks for that bit of info. I also just signed up for Uber and got a $30 credit, so that could definitely come in handy as well.

Uber kinda sucks in Chicago. Lyft is much better/cheaper. Use 7DWXK5 to get $25 credit. (Which I can guarantee is worth more than $30 Uber credit).

Or you know, use both!

This is a super-random question but does anyone live close to Humboldt Park who is NOT going to Riot Fest that would be willing to watch my dog for a few hours on Sunday night? I'm going to be driving through Chicago on Sunday and in theory could stop to go see Blue Meanies and Cheap Trick but I'll have my dog with me and I obviously can't leave her in the car or bring her into the fest. Anyone willing to help a dude out?