United Nations (2014) (New LP on Temporary Residence LTD)

Just read through the description again thanks to the TRL newsletter. I'm still really interested despite format incompatibilities. The number of artists collaborating on this is awesome (visual and aural). Some nice member of the board sent me a link to the tape rip when it was originally on sell at UN shows, but it is a little quiet and has some digital burps. I'll be happy to finally hear the mp3s properly of those tracks. This box sounds like a labor of love, so I'm into it. Hopefully there will be an LP release in the future, like I may have said before. I'd definitely rebuy it in that format if this thing is as good as I imagine, and I am farthest from being a variant freak than could be.

Just read through the description again thanks to the TRL newsletter. I'm still really interested despite format incompatibilities. The number of artists collaborating on this is awesome (visual and aural). Some nice member of the board sent me a link to the tape rip when it was originally on sell at UN shows, but it is a little quiet and has some digital burps. I'll be happy to finally hear the mp3s properly of those tracks. This box sounds like a labor of love, so I'm into it. Hopefully there will be an LP release in the future, like I may have said before. I'd definitely rebuy it in that format if this thing is as good as I imagine, and I am farthest from being a variant freak than could be.

I've actually never heard those songs and would be happy if I could be PM'd in the right direction.

This thread has turned into a sounding board for Derek to talk himself into buying it. ;) just do it bud.

The title refers to how long it's been since the last proper release, I believe.

Hah, it sure seems that way. But the truth is that I knew I was going to purchase this as soon as it was announced – the quantity available and the rate they're selling at are the only reasons I haven't jumped on board quite yet. But very soon. Especially after hearing that new track, which is honestly everything I could've hoped for and then some.

And do you suppose it was intentional or coincidental that it took them four years (or one presidential term) to release an album's worth of new material? I'm going with intentional.

Buy a Walkman on eBay...plug it in your stereo

This whole release makes me think of, if someone released their movie on double-disc DVD and 1 VHS and to see the ending of the movie you'd have to play that VHS. Well then not only do you have to buy this movie release, you'd also have to buy a VCR too. It's kind of silly.

Don't get me wrong though, I still bought this.

This whole release makes me think of, if someone released their movie on double-disc DVD and 1 VHS and to see the ending of the movie you'd have to play that VHS. Well then not only do you have to buy this movie release, you'd also have to buy a VCR too. It's kind of silly.

Don't get me wrong though, I still bought this.

This thread has turned into a sounding board for Derek to talk himself into buying it. ;) just do it bud.

The title refers to how long it's been since the last proper release, I believe.

Both the title and artwork are an homage to Black Flag.  It could also be in reference to the time between releases too, but I mainly get Black Flag from it.

Black_Flag_-_The_First_Four_Years_cover.

Both the title and artwork are an homage to Black Flag.  It could also be in reference to the time between releases too, but I mainly get Black Flag from it.

Black_Flag_-_The_First_Four_Years_cover.

Now that... I did not know.  Makes total sense to me, since that Never Mind The Bombings 7" was a complete parody of Sex Pistols, obviously.  Between that, this, and the Abbey Road cover on their debut, I dig the theme they've got going.

• 2 weeks later...