United Nations (2014) (New LP on Temporary Residence LTD)

Same here.  Knowing how many are left makes me keep putting it off.  I'm going to order it within the next week I think.  Like to have it by release date.

Exactly.  I'll order it next paycheck, which is about 4 days before the release date for me.  I see no point in throwing down the money any sooner.  I like how the band continues to Tweet and post updates like "The pre-orders are selling very quickly" - which in turn causes me to check TRL's quantities - and that just leaves me scratching my head.  Just waiting for the "now less than 200 copies remaining!" update.

I don't see any reason to take callouts seriously, for the most part. It's like with rappers, a game of perception. If you get past that silliness and realize you're not involved, it becomes a non-thing. You're not controlled by what you listen to, it just often times mirrors your own ideas or even just sense of sound aesthetic.

Exactly.  I'll order it next paycheck, which is about 4 days before the release date for me.  I see no point in throwing down the money any sooner.  I like how the band continues to Tweet and post updates like "The pre-orders are selling very quickly" - which in turn causes me to check TRL's quantities - and that just leaves me scratching my head.  Just waiting for the "now less than 200 copies remaining!" update.

selling 1000 records for UN in preorder is a pretty big deal.  they play a genre of music that has a very niche audience, and they use it as a means of satire.  i think the band and label would be totally stoked to sell out of a first press before release.  i'd be stoked for them.  it's nothing to scoff at.  

It wasn't, but one of the songs on the new album is called "F#A#$"

I think its a more positive thing judging from this interview he had with Selftitled Mag

"This record is more developed and mature because we decided that the best form of critique isn’t political or punk critique; it’s critiquing ourselves. So the record is a lot more personal—a lists of all the ways we’ve failed all the things we once believed in, and accepting the status quo of how band things have gotten. It’s sort of examining our own level of privilege. The box set is supposed to be a fake mythology of the band. The cassette is the first demo—the band at its most basic—then there’s the two 7-inches, and the 10-inch is where we get into our pretentious phase of trying to sound like Godspeed [You! Black Emperor]… Depending on the groove you land on, it has two different endings. It’s like a fork in the road, and the needle ends up in one or the other."

That qoute was taken from his other interview he did yesterday.Has even more information than the pitchfork interview

Here's the rest of it(pretty lengthy but really interesting)

http://www.self-titledmag.com/2014/07/02/interview-geoff-rickly-on-modern-art-united-nations-thursdays-abrupt-split-and-the-launch-of-his-new-band-and-label/

selling 1000 records for UN in preorder is a pretty big deal.  they play a genre of music that has a very niche audience, and they use it as a means of satire.  i think the band and label would be totally stoked to sell out of a first press before release.  i'd be stoked for them.  it's nothing to scoff at.  

Oh, come on – you know it's not like that.  I am obviously stoked for them.  And I have no doubt that they'll sell out of this release in due time... especially once the release drops and it receives proper praise.  I'm just as [if not more] excited as everyone else to see this band succeed.  I just found the quantity updates to be a little more urgent than they actually were.