United Nations (2014) (New LP on Temporary Residence LTD)

Despite what people have said about not liking their debut, I tried it out and thought it was pretty rad. Not to derail this thread or anything but since this is a 'supergroup' of sorts does anybody know of any others?

I consider Some Girls one due to Wes Eisold and Justin Pearson being in it together.

I think the 7" is better on various levels, but the LP had a good bit of fun experimentation. I remember liking the last song ending with the sax solo a lot.

Say Goodbye to General Figment of the U.S.S. Imagination...easily my favorite track on the LP, both musically and for its title.

united-nations-the-next-four-years.jpg

The Next Four Years Tracklist:
1. Serious Business 
2. Meanwhile On Main Street 
3. Revolutions At Varying Speeds 
4. False Flags 
5. United Nations Find God 
6. Between Two Mirrors 
7. Fuck The Future 
8. Stole The Past 
9. United Nations Vs. United Nations 
10. F#A#$ 
11. Music For Changing Parties

I kind of want this to be a track that tries to start beef with Godspeed.... It would be funny.

That was my first thought, as well

I kind of want this to be a track that tries to start beef with Godspeed.... It would be funny.

you might enjoy this... 

http://exclaim.ca/Features/Questionnaire/thursdays_geoff_rickly/Page/2

What have been your career highs and lows?

Career high would probably be having the Cure ask us to go on tour with them because they loved our record. That was a pretty high high. A low for me would probably be when Efrim [Menuck] from Godspeed You! Black Emperor started a fight with us for no reason. I've never met him. I guess he thought we were somehow ripping his band off, which was disappointing for me because I've always loved them, so that was pretty low for me. I still love the band! I don't care that he hates us. It definitely stung at the time. Like, man! You don't want one of your heroes you've never met telling everyone how much of an idiot you are. It was a few years ago on a Thee Silver Mount Zion tour. From stage every night he would say "This shitty emo band called Thursday stole from us and we're stealing it back," or something along those lines. I had to look up the song and see what he was talking about. They were the same lyrics, but I totally stole that from like a South American poet! Maybe you stole it from the same person that I did! [Laughs] I sent him an email being like 
"Hey, I think you might be wrong!" But he never wrote back. I still haven't met him but I saw Godspeed on this last tour, and they were fantastic. As always.

• 2 weeks later...