PO: Tom Waits - My Father's Place (1977 Radio Broadcast)

Tom Waits - My Father's Place (1977 Radio Broadcast) for the first time on vinyl!

Here is the info from Sound Stage Direct:

"This superb live recording is from late 1977 and finds Tom holding court in fine style at legendary New York venue, My Father’s Place. Despite its small capacity - circa 400 people – this humble abode hosted shows by superstars like Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Bob Marley, The Ramones and U2 during the 16 years it was open for business (1971-1987). It was also a hugely popular recording location for Long Island’s revered WLIR radio station, who broadcast the show across the airwaves."

Track Listing: 

LP1

1. Standin' On The Corner (Live) 
2. I Never Talk To Strangers (Live) 
3. Pasties And G-Strings (Live) 
4. Invitation To The Blues/Eggs And Sausage (Live) 
5. Jitterbug Boy (Live) 
6. Step Right Up (Live) 

LP2
1. I Wish I Was In New Orleans/Small Change (Live) 
2. The Piano Has Been Drinking (Live) 
3. Emotional Weather Report (Live) 
4. Muriel (Live) 
5. Jack & Neal/California, Here I Come (Live) 
6. Tom Traubert's Blues (Live)

34.99 and free shipping at Sound Stage Direct

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/tom-waits-my-fathers-place-vinyl-records.shtml

It seems like all of these Let Them Eat Vinyl live records are grey market bootlegs, correct? I've seen a number of them released for Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen and a number of other artists but have never seen any artist endorse them.

Yes and they are also hit or miss in sound quality depending on the quality of the source. This particular show is pretty good but it's still a radio broadcast from the 70s and not going to sound any better on a turntable than the cd that's been out for awhile. If you need it on vinyl, then I guess it's worth it but $35 is steep for subpar audio IMO.

Yes and they are also hit or miss in sound quality depending on the quality of the source. This particular show is pretty good but it's still a radio broadcast from the 70s and not going to sound any better on a turntable than the cd that's been out for awhile. If you need it on vinyl, then I guess it's worth it but $35 is steep for subpar audio IMO.

You're probably correct, but I'm still interested. Tom Waits records always get to me.