Fuck you, Judy

We purchased a washer and dryer from a small LLC called Central Ohio Affordable Appliances, owned and operated by a Judy Seipel. At the time of purchase I thought she was a private seller, I did not know it was a business. So it was a pleasant surprise being informed about the 30 day warranty.

The day of delivery, I notice the dryer did not produce heat and the timer would not advance. I contacted her and left a message explaining the problem.

It took her two days to respond. She said she'd be out the following morning and would text me in the morning. She doesn't text me and doesn't show up.

About 4 more days of voicemails go ignored, and finally she came out on the 5th day. Tried a few things, took a part with her, said she'd be back after noon, and it would be resolved "today." Of course, she didn't come back or contact me.

So since her visit, its been 3 days and nearly two weeks from the date of purchase. I leave a voicemail and text once a day, all ignored. This bitch took a part of my dryer with her, so I can't even fix it if I wanted to.

I just spent 2 hours waiting outside her shop hoping she would show up, she didn't. I'll be going back tomorrow in hopes of catching her there.

I'm going to leave her a message saying if its not resolved by Saturday I'm contacting the BBB, Ohio Attorney General, and possibly file for small claims.

Besides those, I'm going to create Craigslist posts giving my honest perception of her company and advise people to avoid her. Since she uses Craigslist to facilitate her sales, I hope she sees them.

Besides those tactics, that may not get me anywhere, how else can I legally fuck this lady's world up?

And fuck you, Judy. Scum bitch.

I would modify your post so her name doesn't come up in a Giggle search, she could print your post out and call it slander or something.

I would modify your post so her name doesn't come up in a Giggle search, she could print your post out and call it slander or something.

Good advice but, no care ever. 

did she charge you sales tax?

Nope, didn't even issue a receipt. She actually just responded to my voicemail with a text (always responds with a text, cant stand it) saying she or her worker will be here tomorrow. But from her history, I'm not holding my breathe. 

Good advice but, no care ever. 

Nope, didn't even issue a receipt. She actually just responded to my voicemail with a text (always responds with a text, cant stand it) saying she or her worker will be here tomorrow. But from her history, I'm not holding my breathe. 

if she didn't charge you sales tax, then you can report her for fraud with your dept of revenue (i see these things come in all the time at work and they get a response from an attorney and an investigation fairly promptly; usually no more than a 2 week turnaround time.)

http://www.tax.ohio.gov/enforcement/Report_Fraud.aspx

if she didn't charge you sales tax, then you can report her for fraud with your dept of revenue (i see these things come in all the time at work and they get a response from an attorney and an investigation fairly promptly; usually no more than a 2 week turnaround time.)

http://www.tax.ohio.gov/enforcement/Report_Fraud.aspx

Awesome! If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'll add this to my list. Thanks. 

Awesome! If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'll add this to my list. Thanks. 

happy to help! you might also want to send the same letter/email to your representative. sometimes they forward them over to revenue, and anything from a rep usually gets fast tracked. when you're dealing with the government, it's best to send things to as many people as possible in hopes of getting a response from at least one of them.

Dude just call your credit card company and get the charge reversed

Its the same when you people claim about being scammed about money for records on paypal. It takes about 2 secs to facilitate this

And if you paid for a dryer with cash.....shame on you

Also, what do you expect from Craiglist

Standing outside a store to harass a owner? Are you in high school living on your own?

Its the same when you people claim about being scammed about money for records on paypal. It takes about 2 secs to facilitate this

Standing outside a store to harass a owner? Are you in high school living on your own?

popcorn.gif

so...a credit card company will refund your money to you just because...you said so?

Oh hush. I pay for a lot of things with cash, including this washer and dryer. If it was a private seller, then I would have fixed it myself. This company gave me a 30 day warranty, has made one trip out to my house. She's just fucking awful at communication and doesn't give a fuck, but I do.

Waiting for a business to open to inquire about my shitty situation is not harassment. I don't care what kind of purchase I make, if it's broke or doesn't work as stated, I would go to that place of business to take care of it.