I know everyone is pumped about Guardians but just watched Cap 2.

Solid movie, but I really think the Avengers has ruined things for me. Not really rooting for Cap as much during it as I was hoping that the hulk would rush in and throw the Winter Soldier around or that Iron Man would swoop in during the big aerial battle seen that centered around the Falcon.

I think that was about as good as they could do with a Cap movie, but he's just limited in his place in the Marvel Universe.

I thought this exact thing when they were racing those pod things in the nowhere, that this could be the star wars of a new generation, even though there are new SW movies coming out, GOTG could be enormous like star wars is

Yeah, exactly I felt like I got to experience a new star wars film, and those dogfights were the best I've seen in any film since the OG trilogy. I felt 10 years old again, my mind was fully moved into that universe as I was watching. 

I know everyone is pumped about Guardians but just watched Cap 2.

Solid movie, but I really think the Avengers has ruined things for me. Not really rooting for Cap as much during it as I was hoping that the hulk would rush in and throw the Winter Soldier around or that Iron Man would swoop in during the big aerial battle seen that centered around the Falcon.

I think that was about as good as they could do with a Cap movie, but he's just limited in his place in the Marvel Universe.

I think what made Cap 2 so brilliant to me was they took a niche genre, (The 70's political action thriller, which happens to be some of my favorite films) and turned into a superhero movie. Plus it had the added effect of making agents of SHIELD watchable based on the aftermath, so there is that. 

Just got back from seeing GotG, what a fantastic movie. Too many good things to say about it: the fun, the scenery, the effects, the character relationships, the humor, the fights.

Might be one of my favorite movies. Period.

Seriously! I felt hesitant to say the same thing before, but I'm totally on board with this statement.

I think what made Cap 2 so brilliant to me was they took a niche genre, (The 70's political action thriller, which happens to be some of my favorite films) and turned into a superhero movie. Plus it had the added effect of making agents of SHIELD watchable based on the aftermath, so there is that.

I went back and watched Agents of SHIELD again because of Cap 2

so much this.  that show got somewhat better after Thor 2 came out and got significantly better after Cap 2.  the first handful of episodes were sooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

so much this.  that show got somewhat better after Thor 2 came out and got significantly better after Cap 2.  the first handful of episodes were sooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Yeah they were, I hate watched it only cuz' I didn't want to be left out of cool shit in the movies. It really had no idea what kind of show it wanted to be at the start and the chemistry between the leads was awful.  

As the rest of the world has posted, GotG was amazing. Loved how they balanced the screen time of the characters so well. Can't wait for the sequel already.

I an extra GOTG poster if anyone wants it for shipping.

Clarification: It's one that they gave out at the midnight showing. Also may be claimed.

Umm me? Please =]