Do we have any fans of the Marvel (Disney) movies?

What do you think of the series so far? Any movies you are excited for? Have any rumors? News?

Discuss..

Announced Schedule

TV

Agent Carter (CANCELLED)

Agents of Shield (Season 3 on hiatus)

Most Wanted (Pilot Ordered)

Netflix

Daredevil (Season 3 Announced)

Jessica Jones (Season 2 announced)

Luke Cage (Airing)

Iron Fist (Filming)

The Defenders (2017?)

Movies

Captain America: Civil War May 5, 2016

Doctor Strange: November 4, 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy 2: May 5, 2017

Spider-Man: July 28, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok: November 3, 2017

Black Panther: February 16, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1: May 4, 2018

Ant-Man and the Wasp: July 6, 2018

Captain Marvel: March 8, 2019

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2: May 3, 2019

Inhumans: Postponed Indefinetly

Unnamed Film: May 1, 2020

Unnamed Film, July 10, 2020

Unnamed Film, November 6, 2020

Edited by Family Friendly Rap God

The whole MCU idea is cool, but sometimes I feel like its gone way overboard. It is all interesting and what not, but I feel like they're just trying to do too much at once. That being said, I prefer DC and Vertigo to Marvel because I feel like the narratives of the books have way more substance than a lot of Marvel comics, so I'd enjoy a further expansion of the "DC Cinematic Universe." Just my two cents

The latest rumor I read was that they were wanting to seriously alter the script, changing the tone of the whole movie. Really bummed to hear that.

That's what I read as well. Disney had someone else rewrite the script and after he read it, he backed out. That's disappointing

I for one am slightly happy that ASM 2 isn't performing well. Sony is looking to sell off it's entertainment assets so that might help begin talks of selling it back to Marvel.

On the other hand not having Spidey/XMen forced Marvel to make stars out of Iron Man/Thor which has worked out well

The whole MCU idea is cool, but sometimes I feel like its gone way overboard. It is all interesting and what not, but I feel like they're just trying to do too much at once. That being said, I prefer DC and Vertigo to Marvel because I feel like the narratives of the books have way more substance than a lot of Marvel comics, so I'd enjoy a further expansion of the "DC Cinematic Universe." Just my two cents

I think DC is rushing it. Man of Steel was decent but jumping right into a Batman vs Superman doesn't make sense

I think DC is rushing it. Man of Steel was decent but jumping right into a Batman vs Superman doesn't make sense

I definitely hear that, but on the other hand it could be a really great way to introduce the new Batman. They are taking a lot of time with the film, so I have high expectations for Batman Vs. Superman.

First Edgar Wright, and now Drew Goddard is dropping out of the Daredevil series for Netflix. Both of those departures suck.

Goddard left for the Sinister Six movie right? I'm looking forward to the Netflix series.

Something that I find interesting is how will they transition new actors into the roles when per say RDJ is tired of playing Iron Man?

Edgar Wright is my favorite director working today. I was super excited to see what he brings to the MCU, more so seeing as he is partly responsible that it even exists in the form we know it today, and his departure from the project is extremely sad news.

As for the MCU thus far, top movies for me are Avengers, Cap 2, Iron Man (in order). Cannot wait for GOTG. I've never been a comics fan, but these movies really seem to hit home for me.

I also quite enjoyed the Agents of SHIELD series, especially the last few episodes. It had it's problems, but it was still pretty fun.

Cap 2 is the best super hero movie I've ever seen.

without having seen the latest Xmen movie, I have to agree.  but I think its also because technology has come so far that it makes making these kinds of movies so much "easier" to make realistic than before.  no more awkward green screen backdrop/CGI overlay, everything just seems so real now its amazing

I'd still put Avengers slightly above it, but Cap 2 is definitely an amazing experience. It upped the bar as far as action choreography goes, and sound/music editing in some of the fight scenes is off the charts.

I hear the new X-men movie rivals both of the above, unfortunately it isn't playing in the only imax theater I have near me, so however good it is, I won't be able to experience it in full. Should be seeing it together with Godzilla next week.

without having seen the latest Xmen movie, I have to agree.  but I think its also because technology has come so far that it makes making these kinds of movies so much "easier" to make realistic than before.  no more awkward green screen backdrop/CGI overlay, everything just seems so real now its amazing

I agree, but I also think the story itself would hold up even with lesser tech. It definitely helps though  :D

I would agree with this if i didn't find captain America to be such a boring character.

I think the new xmen franchise is amazing.

Can't wait for age of apocalypse.

Ehhh I wasn't impressed. They had to do more work to fix their mistakes in previous movies

I'm excited for AOA as well