• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 11:41 PM, FiggyPud said:

New season of Jessica Jones was pretty damn good.  Not quite sure if I’d put it above the first season, but it was close.

Seriously, how did they let Iron Fist and the Defenders slip through the quality cracks.

Been wondering the same thing since Iron Fist first came on. It’s so fuckin’ bad. I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of the Thor and Cap ‘Merica movies but they’re not bad quality. Iron Fist and Defenders are embarrassing. 

45 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Been wondering the same thing since Iron Fist first came on. It’s so fuckin’ bad. I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of the Thor and Cap ‘Merica movies but they’re not bad quality. Iron Fist and Defenders are embarrassing. 

Seriously.  I was more interested in the stuff with Ward than anything in Iron Fist.  Ended up liking him more too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was gonna play it cool and wait a while but on Friday afternoon I felt the spoilers coming so I caved and went Friday night. The local Arclight was playing it every 15 minutes until 2am and they offer assigned/selected seating so it was too tempting not to just snag 2 tickets and get it over with. I loved it and am stoked for the next films to leak more details on what to expect in part 2.

6 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

The movie was GREAT. Can't wait for Ant Man and especially Captain Marvel....which i'm hearing may be bumped up to this winter instead of the spring...?

I doubt it gets moved, its slated for March 9th, 2 months before Avengers 4, which lines up with Black Panther and Infinity War timeline.  

19 minutes ago, King of Nails said:

Yeah, I really had no complaints. I swear there were at least 10 babies in the theater screaming the whole time and a group of high schoolers chewing popcorn with their mouths open behind me, so going back to see it a second time on Sunday.

That's a bummer. We had two 4-5 year old kids in our row that showed up in original, homemade super hero costumes, complete with eye masks and capes, which was very cool. Of course, they whispered the name of each character as they appeared ("It's Loki" "The Hulk!") but that was more cute and funny than annoying. Also, a younger guy behind us fell asleep and started snoring but his friend kept bumping him and everyone was just laughing at him. Haha. I definitely got lucky and it was the fun/funny kind of crowded/noisy.

Edited by swb

2 hours ago, swb said:

That's a bummer. We had two 4-5 year old kids in our row that showed up in original, homemade super hero costumes, complete with eye masks and capes, which was very cool. Of course, they whispered the name of each character as they appeared ("It's Loki" "The Hulk!") but that was more cute and funny than annoying. Also, a younger guy behind us fell asleep and started snoring but his friend kept bumping him and everyone was just laughing at him. Haha. I definitely got lucky and it was the fun/funny kind of crowded/noisy.

That sounds absolutely adorable. These kids were dragged by their trashy parents and I’m pretty sure most of them were too young to have ears developed enough to withstand the sound levels. I don’t blame them at all and was more pissed that their parents thought it was okay. Naturally kids are going to freak out during a loud three hour movie where people are dying left and right.