On 5/4/2018 at 6:47 PM, dnl said:

This movie was so good but, considering its the MCU, they'll somehow be able to top it next year for #4. I can't wait. The ending immediately made me think of the leftovers though.

Thought the same thing!  Plus Carrie Coon was in both.  So same universe confirmed?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

seeing Deadpool in 4 hours, stoked. anyone "seent" it yet? supposedly the post credits scene is the best yet

I went to see Avengers tonight and the line for Deadpool looked awful. Like fedoras and My Little Pony shirts awful. Probably gonna wait a few weeks like I did with Avengers.

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I went to see Avengers tonight and the line for Deadpool looked awful. Like fedoras and My Little Pony shirts awful. Probably gonna wait a few weeks like I did with Avengers.

Oof, that’s kinda weird. But movie was really great. Like the first one, up a notch and the cameo/post credits we’re awesome. The “legs” and “I am Batman” cracked me the fuck up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So uh... thoughts on season 2 of Luke Cage?  Only 3 episodes in and it’s not great.  I’ve rolled my eyes so much already at the majority of the dialogue.  The best part so far has been the main villain.  Only guy I’ve been mildly interested in so far.

As of right now this is on par with Iron Fist.  Main problem being I end up caring more about everyone else more than the main character.

But yeah.  Only 3 episodes in so I’m not saying my opinion won’t change.  But it’s definitely been a rough start.

• 3 weeks later...

Ant Man and the Wasp was good but I was disappointed personally.

As a big Jimmy Woo fan, Randall Park's square doofus take is not that guy. Really disappointed in that.

They gave Michael Douglas more to do, but the plot did not add up to much. It also felt like the plan kept changing way too often, to the point where it got repetitive to have to adjust to complication after complication, most of which are the same type of thing.

They also showed 99% of the great action scenes in the trailer. They should have held back.

Honestly, if you can see it for half the price at a rep cinema in a few months do it then or wait for it on Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Ant Man and the Wasp was good but I was disappointed personally.

As a big Jimmy Woo fan, Randall Park's square doofus take is not that guy. Really disappointed in that.

They gave Michael Douglas more to do, but the plot did not add up to much. It also felt like the plan kept changing way too often, to the point where it got repetitive to have to adjust to complication after complication, most of which are the same type of thing.

They also showed 99% of the great action scenes in the trailer. They should have held back.

Honestly, if you can see it for half the price at a rep cinema in a few months do it then or wait for it on Netflix.

Agreed.  Felt like it was literally made just to make, and that whatever Michelle Pfeiffer is a now will not matter until after avengers 4.

Though,it is set up to be a credit scene in avengers 4.. whatever happens that brings people back will then bring pym back to bring ant man back from the quantum realm and he'll be all "waaaa haaapaaaaannnn"??

5 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Though,it is set up to be a credit scene in avengers 4.. whatever happens that brings people back will then bring pym back to bring ant man back from the quantum realm and he'll be all "waaaa haaapaaaaannnn"??

The prevailing theory is that Scott will get sucked into a time vortex like Janet warned him, and start bouncing around time trying to warn the Avengers of something bad happening. Quantum Leap-Man for Avengers 4 :D

• 1 month later...

Captain Marvel trailer felt a little low-energy for me. But good LORD does she look amazing with the helmet on, dethroning Panther & Starlord.

50 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I heard they had a script for Guardians of the Galaxy 3

They still do. Still co-written by Gunn, too, last I heard. 

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I have a feeling that this is going to be so much bigger than black panther was... and why can't it be March already?  

have they announced anything regarding the next phase of movie titles besides this, avengers 4 and spiderman?

Vague rumblings about Black Panther 2 & Doctor Strange 2 both of which might be filling a slot that a James Gunn project had taken up.

I'd love an Annihilation Wave adaptation. They could introduce the FF that way, if they wanted. But also Secret Wars (The Beyonder) and Young Avengers (Kang the Conqueror).

And if Venom and Spiderman: Far From Home pan out, they might do a Maximum Carnage style film, maybe introducing Miles Morales then? Or a Spider-Men adaptation? Spider Island, Spider-Verse, heck even a full-blown Marvel 2099 film could all be great. Lots to explore in that area