PO: Four Year Strong - Go Down In History EP

I'd have to strongly disagree but that's just my opinion... BUT if you have seen both live, there is absolutely no comparison. They both have 2 singers obviously, but FYS sing much better live while also playing difficult guitar parts simultaneously. SYG's singers were god awful live and neither play an instrument which just makes kind of an awkward stage presence if you ask me.

We Came As Romans do that as well but it makes a little more sense with the genre they play and they performed much better

Ive seen both and both are great. SYG has lost energy over the years but still puts on a better show then FYS in my opinion (SYG is more fun for sure, i've seen them millions of times). I was talking about them music wise. I loved all four SYG releases (Burning at both ends was good, not great), but FYS just got worse over the course of their discography. "Enemy" was ok and "In Some Way" was boring, this ep though might bump them back to Enemy status (Good, not Great). I just think FYS is just missing something now, they are missing something that made them stand out. 

I like both the good FYS albums equally. I like the new song a lot compared to the last album but I agree that a synth would of topped the song off.

I used to listen to SYG a bit and I honestly appreciated burning at both ends even though I didn't listen to it much.. there were some real good riffs and hooks in that album. I'm just biased when it comes to the singers I guess. SYG is a little too pop sounding and whiny in my opinion. Dig the instrumentals none the less though. 

I could definitely see them performing better in a headlining tour. I saw them open for another band... 

I also like the more aggressive side of FYS like on songs "what the hell is a gigawatt?" the screaming part at the end is tasty

I've always thought that SYG would be so much better if the smaller singer wasn't in the band.

I think FYS and SYG have both had pretty similar careers so far..both put out two fantastic albums followed by a dud.

Idk about this though... I mean FYS opened for Blink 182... what would you guys say the best band SYG has played with? (serious question.. not being a sarcastic douche)

Dig the new song and when I was juicing the other day I got really into the last SYG album (which bummed me out when it came out.) Needless to say I still don't care for the last FYS album and glad I got it for 85 cents :P

SYG and FYS should go on a tour with one another and call it the "Sorry for the last LP tour" :P

I don't think opening for a big band is relative to gauging success.

except millions of people go to blink 182 shows throughout a tour and if you open for a band like that you gain a lot more worldwide attention. And I think FYS has a bit wider of a fanbase anyway... I know a lot of people who like them but aren't necessarily into the "easy core" genre or w/e you like to label it.

I'm just saying that people who actually like this genre can't really gauge their success because we're more opinionated on the topic. But looking from the outside.. I do think opening for a big band does somewhat gauge their success.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...