Milky White - S/T 7" out June 10th on Bitter Melody Records (dreamy poppy indie punk)

We are pumped to be helping Milky White (from Charleston, SC) release their debut 7" on pink, green and black vinyl.  This will be out June 10th and touring will commence following the release.  Jules' vocals and the bass lines won me over on my first listen.  This is a 4 song EP.  Give it a listen and feel free to share.  We have put up the first single from this release here:

http://youtu.be/Zo1QqBL41Xk

Ordering info will be posted next week.  No preorder. 

14300645164_4002d72cef.jpg

14114615930_d6758090a5.jpg

Juan posted this review on The 1st Five.  Check out their site!

"Hailing from Charleston, SC, Milky White are a female-led quartet whose sound echo some of the more subdued pop-driven styles of 90′s shoegaze and even some post-Smashing Pumpkins quietness. Think of maybe Silversun Pickups with female vocals at the forefront and a fearless approach to let the guitars get as noisy as possible. But all the while maintain a dreamy and languid restraint. It’s definitely an example of indie pop as its finest.

Milky White will see their debut 7″ EP released via Bitter Melody Records on June 10th. You can now listen to one of the tracks on the EP, “Uncontested Divorce On The Grounds Of Extreme Cruelty (December 17, 1964)” below. If this one song is any indication, the we can’t wait how dreamy the rest of the 4-song EP will be. Milky White will head out on tour shortly after the EP’s release.

Oh, and by the way, the band describes their sound as “90′s teen movie house party jams”. Well, I have to agree wholeheartedly with that and then some. Definitely evokes the finer and more heart-wrenching, warm fuzzies sounds and feels of 90′s alternative music. But it’s today, right here, right now" - Juan Diniz The 1st Five

The EP is streaming now at New Noise:

http://newnoisemagazine.com/exclusive-stream-contest-milky-white-self-titled-ep/

And you can order it now:

http://bittermelodyrecords.limitedrun.com/products/529511-milky-white-s-t-7-3-vinyl-colors-available

I've listening to the EP a few times and it's quite good. I love it.

Ha!  We dropped the ball on the obvious color choice, but we thought about it, though.  A lot of people seem to have an aversion to white vinyl, so we decided against it.

Yeah, I don't get it, but the urban legend of it sounding worse has really stuck. I've seen some pretty cool looking clear with white "smoke" records that turn out a "milky" hue. Regardless of what color it's on, I'm in love with this EP, thanks for the release.