MAN ADVICE v2.0

The desensitizer and condom thread was hilarious for the first 3 pages. I lost it when abovetheearth asked if the OP was using his own penis. Then it got weird around the blumpkin part. Then some crazy ass stories showed up and it went haywire from there. I get why some people just said ew after that.

So I matched with this girl on Tinder who I went to college with. I was her classmate for one semester and it was back in 2013. We're friends though as we occasionally have interactions over Twitter and stuff so she knows I still exist. Anyway I only messaged her a couple times and it was like 4 days ago. So would it be much of I wanted to invite her over for The Walking Dead premiere to hang out or is it too late? (FYI we have never hung out before, the last time I saw her in person was in 2013 so I feel like it would be awkward or something if even though we matched that I'd be asking her to hang out)

So I matched with this girl on Tinder who I went to college with. I was her classmate for one semester and it was back in 2013. We're friends though as we occasionally have interactions over Twitter and stuff so she knows I still exist. Anyway I only messaged her a couple times and it was like 4 days ago. So would it be much of I wanted to invite her over for The Walking Dead premiere to hang out or is it too late? (FYI we have never hung out before, the last time I saw her in person was in 2013 so I feel like it would be awkward or something if even though we matched that I'd be asking her to hang out)

isn't that what tinder is for? do it.

I guess so. I guess I just overthink things sometimes

Always have to remember, you're not risking anything, by not asking her you're not losing or gaining anything. Just denying yourself of any happiness or pleasure in life. And if she says no, well, then again, what have you lost? Maybe a bit of embarrassment in the moment, but within a week you'll have moved on. 

isn't that what tinder is for? do it.

Yeah, just ask her to hangout. Tinder isn't for NOT meeting up with people.

Unless you're me. I've bailed on 5 girls from tinder so far because Im an asshole piece of shit. One girl even said she just wanted to fuck, watch Coen Bros movies, and then never see me again. What's wrong with me?

Completely imploded with the girl I was talking to in Cali and don't really care anymore. It was kind of inevitable. Better to burn out in a flame than fizzle down to nothing.

On the plus side, have an OK Cupid date tonight and the girl seems pretty cool (attractive and in law school, so she's gotta be pretty smart).

I've been on Tinder for a year and I'm not sure why I did that over OKC. Not looking for the one night thing and there seems to be a lot of "good" girls who stay away from Tinder due to it's reputation but use the other sites. Maybe hit plenty of fish too sometime but right now getting plenty of interest on OKC after just signing up so gonna save that for later.

You might have better luck just asking her to grab dinner (i.e., start with meeting in a public place and go for walking dead night next week). Either way I think is fine, though.

I agree. I met my fiancee on Tinder. I asked her out to dinner and a movie first and didn't invite her over to my place until date three. I know a lot of people view Tinder as a "hook-up app" but we didn't see it that way... It was also when the app first came out so maybe it didn't have that reputation yet. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you'll probably have better luck asking her out on a date instead of the usual "want to come over to my place and hang" thing. Even if you don't mean it in a only-to-hook-up way, she might see it that way. Most girls are constantly being harassed by creeps on dating apps. If you're straight forward and respectful you will stand out. As for the four days ago thing... I would say something along the lines of "Hey! I was thinking about you since we chatted on [insert app name here] and was wondering if you would like to go to dinner with me."

Wow Wesley didn't realize you were Ry either - it doesn't change anything obviously, but hi.

I really was appreciating the positive (in general) conversation in here but I'm going to throw in an update....

The girl who I became infatuated with, I made her a mix tape cause it came up in conversation and I gave it to her and she was still sending like one message every 3 days and I was fed up so i told her I couldn't deal with it.  And she said lets hang out.  So we hung out and went to a cute noodle place and she made moves to kiss me and we talked a lot and she said she's going to try to text me back ( she showed me her phone and she texts nobody back ) and idk but i'm in a good mood now.

every last bit of bullshit aside, i need some man advice.

i've taken myself off the shelf for some time now. i was fooling around a bit with the girl next door, but mindfully avoided sex. even when she explicitly told me she wanted it (i'm just sick of the complications). just knew that i wasn't any where near the point where i should be getting involved with any one in any sense.

then a lot of things in my life changed, quite suddenly, quiet recently.

tonight i went out with some pals, including the fiancee of one of my very best friends, and she brought one of her bridesmaids along. i've heard her name a million times, and assumed that i'd met her before. turns out, i was applying her name to another person entirely this whole time. this girl is god damn gorgeous. she's cool. she's funny. she has great style. i have to assume she's smart, based solely on profession. but gosh darn, was i not instantly smitten.

turns out, i wasn't alone, as i later received a screenshot of the messaging that took place between the two where the number exchange was permitted/encouraged.

seriously.. what do i do? how do i approach this? the absolute last thing i want to do is find some sort of involvement that i characteristically botch, leading to an incredibly awkward wedding reception 7 months from now. but at the same time, there is an obvious opportunity. 

who wants to help hapless wesley through something more than just "maybe it's fate so let's just trudge through it?"?

I know you don't want this advice but seriously just trudge through it. Life is a bunch of bullshit garbage and potential awkwardness at a wedding is nothing in the long run. Maybe it works out. Maybe nothing comes of it. Maybe it works for a little while and then crashes and burns miserably. Fuck it. Life sucks, if you feel a way act on it.

Just do it! Obviously you were sent that screenshot for a reason. If it's wanted on both ends - just go for it. There's potential for greatness. If she was all like "yeahhhhh, I dunno" then question it. But it seems she's interested. If later on down the road she has a poopy hangin, flick it to the ground and keep goin.

every last bit of bullshit aside, i need some man advice.

i've taken myself off the shelf for some time now. i was fooling around a bit with the girl next door, but mindfully avoided sex. even when she explicitly told me she wanted it (i'm just sick of the complications). just knew that i wasn't any where near the point where i should be getting involved with any one in any sense.

then a lot of things in my life changed, quite suddenly, quiet recently.

tonight i went out with some pals, including the fiancee of one of my very best friends, and she brought one of her bridesmaids along. i've heard her name a million times, and assumed that i'd met her before. turns out, i was applying her name to another person entirely this whole time. this girl is god damn gorgeous. she's cool. she's funny. she has great style. i have to assume she's smart, based solely on profession. but gosh darn, was i not instantly smitten.

turns out, i wasn't alone, as i later received a screenshot of the messaging that took place between the two where the number exchange was permitted/encouraged.

seriously.. what do i do? how do i approach this? the absolute last thing i want to do is find some sort of involvement that i characteristically botch, leading to an incredibly awkward wedding reception 7 months from now. but at the same time, there is an obvious opportunity.

who wants to help hapless wesley through something more than just "maybe it's fate so let's just trudge through it?"?

The whole point is hoping to find the one and the chance that it doesnt get botched, that is, if you're wanting to be in a relationship and if it gets serious, commit to that relationship. If you aren't ready then what's there to lose? Not going on a second date? Not seeing a lame movie? Just one night of reception weirdness? You'll all be wicked pissed to be awkward.

Do you have it in you to go slow enough to time it around the reception you still haven't botched it but then can botch it after?

he probably doesn't want my advice but, It's really easy to be on the outside and say 'oh why wouldn't he go for it' but I've been reading posts about your love life for years now ryan and to be blunt... fucking things up is a pretty common theme in them. And most of it seems like self sabotage, you don't let a girl get close because you know it'll end badly, you keep the relationships purely sexual in hopes that no feelings = no mess but it's still messy. Seems like you're pretty aware of all the problems you've had. What else can you do at this point but put yourself out there again and really try with this girl, or any girl. She's obviously interested so the hard part of reading her initial feelings/attraction is already done. Why not give it a try. Just don't bring along all the bullshit from the past.

he probably doesn't want my advice but, It's really easy to be on the outside and say 'oh why wouldn't he go for it' but I've been reading posts about your love life for years now ryan and to be blunt... fucking things up is a pretty common theme in them. And most of it seems like self sabotage, you don't let a girl get close because you know it'll end badly, you keep the relationships purely sexual in hopes that no feelings = no mess but it's still messy. Seems like you're pretty aware of all the problems you've had. What else can you do at this point but put yourself out there again and really try with this girl, or any girl. She's obviously interested so the hard part of reading her initial feelings/attraction is already done. Why not give it a try. Just don't bring along all the bullshit from the past.

Done and done. Just go for it man